• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta Revolver

I'm confused now...So S&W and Ruger are shit now? I can't keep up anymore.
Pretty much, compared to the revolver being discussed here, in relative terms.

Would I not buy an S&W or Ruger? Nope. I would still buy one if it interested me. Would I reasonably expect a 20% chance of getting a f***ed up ruger or S&W out of the box? Yes. But that's par for the course with 80% of the industry after Sandy Hook.

I finally got around to watching this video. Random thoughts:

The price makes sense to me. The MR73 has been and will likely continue to remain as the best duty revolver (Jeremy Clarkson voice) in the world. When looking at legitimately high-end military or police guns, they typically cost $3000-4000 and are derivates of common designs, like high end ARs. Put it this way, if someone can afford a HK or KAC AR, they can afford a MR73 and probably not bat an eye regarding the price. Hell, I could buy a MR73 if I really wanted to.

If having the best duty revolver in the world tickles your pickle, then the MR73 is probably going to be on your WTB list. That being said, the MR73 is a fifty year old design and has largely been surpassed, even in GIGN, by Glocks and SIGs.

View attachment 481174
View attachment 481175
View attachment 481176

Arguably, the duty revolver hasn't been relevant to military and police sales since the 1980s. A standard, factory Glock 17 is going to do most of what a MR73 is going to do, except at about a fifth of the price, while offering more modern options like red dot mounting and easier sound suppression.

Is the MR73 practical for the average consumer? No, it isn't intended to be. Is it cool, interesting, and "worth it"? That's a subjective question. Would I buy one? Maybe. Would I buy one any time soon? No.
Is that a fobus paddle holster?

This is a dream gun for me for some reason. I don't own a single revolver but I could buy this and not need another one.

Is that a fobus paddle holster?

This is a dream gun for me for some reason. I don't own a single revolver but I could buy this and not need another one.
I have an MR73 or a Korth Mongoose 4" on my "before I die" list.... and I'm not even a big wheelgun guy, but they're just that good....

I have an MR73 or a Korth Mongoose 4" on my "before I die" list.... and I'm not even a big wheelgun guy, but they're just that good....

That's the nice thing about guns, though. People think that a $3200 gun is stupidly expensive, but when compared to other "toys" like boats, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc., a MR73 is pretty cheap. No need for insurance, ammo is relatively cheap, virtually no storage costs...

I've been wanting to get something in 357, and I'm at the stage where I think I know what I want but see something a little cooler for a little bit more money and start to reconsider

I think I'll wait longer and just buy one of these someday

That's the nice thing about guns, though. People think that a $3200 gun is stupidly expensive, but when compared to other "toys" like boats, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc., a MR73 is pretty cheap. No need for insurance, ammo is relatively cheap, virtually no storage costs...
It's a life gun, for sure. You can buy it, shoot the piss out of it, and not hate yourself 5-10 years down the road.

I've been wanting to get something in 357, and I'm at the stage where I think I know what I want but see something a little cooler for a little bit more money and start to reconsider

I think I'll wait longer and just buy one of these someday
The only other gun that gets my moisture count anywhere near this is I'd buy a SW PC 627...and have it tuned up... but it's still not a peer (not same baseball stadium) to an MR73 or a Korth.

Too bad the list price is around $3200

Cool I’ll put it next to the Nighthawk 1911 that I also won’t be skipping a mortgage payment to buy.

9G6JqWc.png

🐯

I use those SAME EXACT action poses when I shoot. My scores went up 6/10ths of a point.
It really works, especially the jacket flip before drawing.
Chicks dig it when you yell out "Sacre Bleu!!!" when you draw or finish shooting.
Its proven science.
So for you revolver guys, is the S&W 327 TRR8 that I’ve been eyeing a quality revolver or is it a shitty one that just costs 2X more than say a GP100??

Smith's are a kit gun. Even the p.c. versions.
Works out of the box but the first thing you'll complain about is the d.a. pull. Nothing a set of stones and a few hours can't fix. All my s.a. pulls hover around the 2-2.5lb mark, if not less.
Its also not uncommon for one or two of the cylinder throats to be out of spec. Nothing a reamer can't fix and polishing the cylinders is almost a given.
Slap on a Dawson front sight (green pipes f.t.w.!) and a set of Hogue overmolded (I like X-frame) grips and its a runner.

Zero experience with anything Ruger.
Weight comparisons show the Rugers to be heavier.

Both manufacturers have their own subset of fudd groupies.

Last edited:
Speaking of Korth: I would have gone with more pronounced burlwood pattern grips to go with the case hardened finish... but still O M G
korth_vintage-4inch-002.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom