• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta M9 vs 92FS

Mikie

NES Member
Is there any significant difference between these 2 guns? Does the M9 go through additional testing?

Thanks,

Well, a quick google turned this up:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364783

"The differences between the M9 and 92FS:
The M9 usually has a straight
dustcover and non-radiused backstrap (Contract Pistols will always be
straight/straight)
The 92FS (recent model) has a radiused backstrap and
angled dustcover
M9 markings (including proof markings and cage # markings)

M9 lacks the warning to read owner's manual
The rear sight of the 92FS
has 2 dots, whereas the M9 has a single half-moon
M9 (unless special or
limited edition) comes in cardboard box, with no plastic hard case

All
model 92/M9/M9A1/96/90Two model barrels are made the same way.

All other
aspects of 92FS and M9 are similar/identical. This includes warnings and polymer
coated parts."

The M9 is available it is different than the M9A1. There are a few differences between the civilian available M9 and the Actual Military Issue M9 but most of the differences are "cage"/ inventory numbers stamped on parts like Hammer, Etc Etc.. Its my understanding that if you find an actual Military Issue M9 for sale,chances are someone did something they could get in trouble for..

Last edited:
I believe there is truth to that, I heard a similar thing about the Marines new M45CQB, something about the pistols being an off shelf replacement. I am sure someone will know the exact info.

The marines went with a colt 1911 railed model. It wasn't exactly an off the shelf gun (although you can buy one now) but it did come from the colt parts bin- nothing "new" engineered.

Back
Top Bottom