• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta M9 and pre ban mags: need schooling

Reptile

NES Member
My associate from another state has the following for sale. I know nothing of it's value or wether I should add to my collection.

(2) US M9 Beretta's made before 1994 with consecutive serial numbers.

(6) Beretta 20 round pre 94 factory mags

(18) military pre 94 - metal follower and floor plate - Beretta mags with Wolff springs.

I don't even know what this stuff is worth or if it valuable in Massachusetts.

Any help would be good at this point.

Nice karma ! In

I paid 20. A piece for pre bans from classified section.
I imagine the military ones would be about 25 with the upgrades.
The guns sound like a cool set to have. I would pony up to get them in my collection. Maybe 1100. For both if condition was good. Not sure ban status matters on then.

Last edited:
I'd guess at least 2 grand for that package. (At retail anyway.)

Last edited:
What is the gun blue book value?

Can somebody look it up?

I am hoping it is in new in box condition.

Are you sure they're actual M9s and not just 92FS? The earliest civilian M9 I see listed in the Blue Book wasn't made until 95.

The lowest Blue Book (33rd edition) I see for a 100% condition 92FS is $560. ($475 for 98%.) If they're really M9s they'll bring a bit more (especially in MA.) A pair of them with consecutive serials will get a bit more from a collector.

The 92FS is on the roster but the M9 is not. It is the same pistol. Can it be transferred through a dealer?

Here is a pic of one...

Attachments

• M9.jpg
    M9.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 46
It is the same pistol.

Not exactly. There are some minor cosmetic differences in the shape of the frame (the shape of the dust cover for one,) the use of plastic vs metal guide rods (and possibly other internal parts,) and the roll marks are different. The dealer question is one for your dealer, but technically they are two different guns (but very similar in both appearance and functionality.)

EDIT: I think the sights are also different, at least as shipped.

Last edited:
Not exactly. There are some minor cosmetic differences in the shape of the frame (the shape of the dust cover for one,) the use of plastic vs metal guide rods (and possibly other internal parts,) and the roll marks are different. The dealer question is one for your dealer, but technically they are two different guns (but very similar in both appearance and functionality.)

EDIT: I think the sights are also different, at least as shipped.

Ok, an eFA-10 should be all set though right?

Yeah, private sale should be no problem. (Assuming all the other BS - same state, both parties licensed, blah, blah, blah.)

Last edited:
I have a M9 that I picked up at a dealer about 2 years ago.I don't remember what I paid for it.

Looking a bit closer at your picture, I ~think~ what you have is a 475th anniversary edition M9. My copy of the Blue Book doesn't list that version specifically, but from what I can tell from five minutes on Google they were part of a limited run of 5,000. They should fetch a small premium over a standard 92FS (especially in MA.) Add in that you have two with sequential serial numbers and I'd bet that a Beretta nerd or a die hard .mil collector would pay $1500 give or take for the pair. Probably another 20 bucks each for the mags, so overall I wouldn't be surprised to see a $2000ish price tag on that set in a gun shop.

Do the serial numbers start with M9-475?

EDIT: Old listing, but this guy (in MO, not MA) was asking $1298 for a pair with consecutive serials, new in the box: http://www.gunsamerica.com/993096884/NIB-Beretta-M9-Limited-Editio.htm

EDIT2: Beretta was founded in 1526, so if they are 475th anniversary models that would put them into 2001. (Not that it really maters.)

Last edited:
The sites on the M9 version are different. The rear sight is a half-moon shaped with a white bar on the bottom. Similar to SIG or Kahr sights.

I prefer those to three dots. That's one reason I bought an M9 edition.

Good luck. As much as I'd love to add that set, I suspect that it's over my price range.

Aloha

Based on your OP....probably not. As Jason mentioned he would need to be a LTC holder in MA. Since you mentioned he is from another state it would likely need to go through a FFL unless he has dual residency and a MA LTC (although I'm not sure if there is some crazy caveat for E-FA10 in that scenario)

Based on your OP....probably not. As Jason mentioned he would need to be a LTC holder in MA. Since you mentioned he is from another state it would likely need to go through a FFL unless he has dual residency and a MA LTC (although I'm not sure if there is some crazy caveat for E-FA10 in that scenario)

Oops, I missed that part. Yeah no private sales across state lines. I bet you could find an FFL that would do the transfer though. Might take a little extra legwork.

Looking a bit closer at your picture, I ~think~ what you have is a 475th anniversary edition M9. My copy of the Blue Book doesn't list that version specifically, but from what I can tell from five minutes on Google they were part of a limited run of 5,000. They should fetch a small premium over a standard 92FS (especially in MA.) Add in that you have two with sequential serial numbers and I'd bet that a Beretta nerd or a die hard .mil collector would pay $1500 give or take for the pair. Probably another 20 bucks each for the mags, so overall I wouldn't be surprised to see a $2000ish price tag on that set in a gun shop.

Do the serial numbers start with M9-475?

EDIT: Old listing, but this guy (in MO, not MA) was asking $1298 for a pair with consecutive serials, new in the box: http://www.gunsamerica.com/993096884/NIB-Beretta-M9-Limited-Editio.htm

EDIT2: Beretta was founded in 1526, so if they are 475th anniversary models that would put them into 2001. (Not that it really maters.)

Nice.

Yes, of course this is going through a FFL. I have that problem solved.

Regarding the eFA-10. I asked that in case I want to sell the guns in the future.

Whatever you do, don't separate them.

When I bought mine, I had a chance at getting the next serial number as well. But since the wife and I were newly married and both enlisted in the Army, I couldn't justify the extra money. Hate myself every day since.

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom