• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta M9/92

My brother-in-law is leaving for Iraq next month. He was asking me if I had any M9 magazines that he could take with him. I siad that I didn't but I think that he can just pick up some Beretta 92 magazines because I thought that it was basically the same thing.

Am I correct on thinking that? Are they the pretty much the same thing, one Millitary and Civilian?

Am I correct on thinking that? Are they the pretty much the same thing, one Millitary and Civilian?

Yep, they are one and the same. M9 is merely the military designation for the Beretta 92FS.

They are the same, I hear you want to put scotch tape over the holes in the mags for the dust......, and only dry lubrication, or else the dust & grit sticks to the oil & forms goo

If you can get him some good civ mags..... do it. The military mags suck. We needed to clean mags once every 8 hours and even then, we would still have the rounds just fall out when we droped the mag from the pistol. Best bet is for him to keep his loaded mags in a zip lock bag when he is not on patrol and when he is..... use his rifle. Good luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom