• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta M1951 from Atlantic Firearms

Rbarlow

NES Member
Has anyone purchased a Beretta M1951 pistol (Navy issued) from Atlantic Firearms? How was the condition and did it have matching serial numbers on the frame and slide? how were they to work with as their customer service seems suspect?
Thanks1

Has anyone purchased a Beretta M1951 pistol (Navy issued) from Atlantic Firearms? How was the condition and did it have matching serial numbers on the frame and slide? how were they to work with as their customer service seems suspect?
Thanks1
The recent imports have what I like to call Billboard import marks
I picked up a M1951 from SOG before the folded but was not really digging the pistol over all so I sold it to fund a M1a build

The recent imports have what I like to call Billboard import marks
I picked up a M1951 from SOG before the folded but was not really digging the pistol over all so I sold it to fund a M1a build

Same. Had it, sold it. It did nothing that other pistols didn’t do better.

Sorry, OP, that I can’t help you on the specifics.

Guys, thanks for your replies! The more information that I get from everyone who bought these the more I feel that these Berretta 1951 imports might be a waste of money and time....

@Rbarlow I have one that I bought from Atlantic and first off they do NOT have the billboard import marks Mac mentioned! They have a very inconspicuous one under the trigger guard. They aren't recent imports, looks like they came in and were in storage somewhere for a while according to the label on the pistol box.

They are all matching, in pretty decent shape for the price with mirror bores. They look to be carried more than shot. Mine is very accurate too, I use 124gr ammo in it since that is the nato spec. Not sure if it likes 115gr or not. I was just shooting mine this evening with my reloads which it really liked (plated 124gr + 5.0 CFE).

The first one I got from them I was shooting and after shooting about 1 box of ammo it jammed up after firing and I couldn't get the slide to rack or anything. This was a few days after I'd received it and the first thing I did when it arrived was to strip it and clean/lube it up before I headed to the range and all looked good. Come to find out the locking block had broken inside and it took a lot of screwing around to get it open again. I wrote an email to Atlantic that night (sunday night) and asked if they had any kind of warranty on these or anything or am I SOL?

Well first thing Monday morning I get an email back from whoever answers the email and they said they forwarded my mail over to the operations manager. I no sooner finished reading that than my phone starts ringing and its the ops mgr calling me! In the meantime, I've also received a pre-paid fedex label and return instructions for it. He said send it back and they will send me a replacement as soon as they get mine back! And he will personally check over the replacement before it goes out to make sure its all good to go.

Sent it back and the same day they sent out my replacement which was in pretty much the same cosmetic condition as the first. And several hundred rounds later its been flawless so I couldn't be happier with the customer service there and with the gun considering the cheap price. The mags can be found on ebay and elsewhere if you look for Helwan or Brigadier mags. Same mag but cheaper than 1951 mags. The Helwans seem to be identical.

I had a 92 at one point and did not really like it but I like this 1951 a lot, its really fun to shoot. I typically use it for 25yd steel but tonite was indoor on paper and it had some nice groups.

JPM,
Thanks for the extensive reply! Good information. How long ago did you buy your 1951 from Atlantic? So, it had matching serial numbers on the receiver and frame, but not the barrel? (It seems like you are from around Boston in Massachusetts given you go to the Collectors Gallery in Stoneham.
Thanks, Bob

@Rbarlow Hi Bob, I got it in September. I don't remember if it had the s/n on the barrel or not (perhaps on the lug), I'll have to strip it to look. But both of the pistols were matching as I recall. I am in Reading, so right next door to Stoneham.

JPM, Thanks for the added input. I might give them a try, but I received conflicting information from the operations manager who answered my e-mail that asked questions on the pistol. He told me in his e-mail that they were selling these pistols "as is". However, there is nothing in their sales write-up on the pistol that specifically states this. I guess I will have to see whether to take a shot with them as it is not a lot of money, but I would think that they should stand behind their product if it had issues. Who wants to make a $359 bet with no recourse if it is defective. Thanks again and have a good 2020! ~Bob

Yeah I couldn't find anything in the ad about a warranty after I had the problem so I wasn't hopeful when I wrote, but I was quite pleased with the results. Happy 2020 to you too!

Back
Top Bottom