• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta Introduces Competition-Ready 92X Performance Pistol

USPSA and IPSC. Heavy 9mm DA/SA guns are all the rage for the Production division. A steel-framed, full-size gun has very little recoil with our gamer 9mm loads, so low-muzzle rise of the heavy gun helps reduce split times. The SA trigger is far better than you get out of a Glock, making it easier to shoot accurately.

I was watching Am Rifleman last night on TV. (Well, DVR.). They did a whole segment on Springfield XD line. How it came about (HS2K!) and such.

Rob Leatham was on. They showed him shooting a stock XD. . . E? Whatever their bigger gun for competition is. He was running a full-stock gun with an RMR on it. There was no discernible muzzle rise at all. And he was fast as F.

Well, that’s Rob Leathem. He’s got enormous, strong hands, and very strong firearms. He can control muzzle rise on a polymer gun far better than most of us can control a recoil on a heavy steel gun.

There is a reason he is a Grand Master and I’m not.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

Also distributor collusion to keep prices higher.

Lol not sure if serious, I am the first person to bitch about mids f***ing with prices, but on something boring like this, unless they can't make enough of them, the
pricing is going to be pretty boring. Probably $1100-$1200 ish, much more than that and the market wont support it. Only way pricing will be retarded is if they
don't make enough and the collector only nerds come out and gobble up all the supply.

Usually when the mids are f***ing with pricing its in the midst of a perceived "supply crisis" like with ammunition, AR-15s, that kind of thing.

-Mike

Beretta probably should have come out with this gun back when Stoeger was shooting a Beretta, but maybe they didn't want their brand associated with his name

I have been watching my distributors and I have still not seen the performance model available. The basic 92x, sure, but not the performance model.

Yeah a lot of places online are out of stock. This is one of the few places that has them and they're selling for MSRP, which is something I've almost never seen in like nine years of gun ownership/shopping (I'm not in Mass):

Beretta 92X Performance 9mm Pistol, J92XR21 - Hyatt Gun Store

The skeletonized hammer and lighter hammer mainspring means that the Brigadier slide is pushing against less weight when it cycles backwards. This is good because it means the slide will cycle faster compared to what a typical Brigadier slide does on an ordinary 92 frame.

Don't say the 'B' word around me. I'll never own a Baretta product after the 96D Brigadier. Total train wreck of a weapon system.

Don't say the 'B' word around me. I'll never own a Baretta product after the 96D Brigadier. Total train wreck of a weapon system.

I found your problem. You bought a 40 of a gun designed for 9

I loved my 92fs, but the trigger made it uncompetitive.
I hope they fixed the trigger on this one.

You swap a D spring into any of the 92 variants it fixes any “too heavy” problems.

so the beavertail pushes you further away from the bore.

and what exactly is a "match" takedown lever? are there stages where you're timed on your mad dis/assembly skills?
The protuberance is like a mini gas pedal common on 1911s used in USPSA limited division. It is a rest for the left thumb. Including it on the as manufactured gun moves the gas pedal into production, which means you can expect others to follow. I doubt the "competition" designation has anything to do with takedown speed.

This gun looks like a weapon designed and marketed exclusively for formal target shooting competition that could be approved for the target roster. The only reason that "competition takedown lever" was not listed on the EOPS criteria was that nobody providing input had ever heard of the term (and you can thank a certain attorney whose favorite word are cretin and mendacious for many of the terms on the list)

Beretta made a similar (1000?) limited run of 92s with a stainless frame and slide and a correctly oriented frame mounted safety rather than a dingus a number of years ago.

What competition? Sure as hell isn't Bullseye Pistol.
You don't get out much. Just kidding :).

If you have to ask you can't afford it.
Pocket change compared to an Infinity or any Infinity clone built by one of the big name smiths like Brazos. Some of those guns should be reviewed in the Robb Report. And yes, you would definitely know the names of some of the buyers of such guns and I'm not referring to big name shooters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom