Beretta factory 92 Mag extension

wmass

NES Member
I currently have quite a few pre ban Beretta factory 15 rounders. Some are Italy made, USA made, and mil contract. I plan on adding a 92 mag carbine to the collection in the near future and was thinking about adding capacity. The only ones I’ve come across are Mecgar +2’s, however, they are listed as not fitting PB factory mags. Am I chasing a unicorn or does such a mystical beast exist for these mags?

Thanks I’m gonna order a couple to try. My google fu is weak today. The pics I found of the pearce were of the extended (not added cap) and they looked hokey.

On my Beretta "PB" manufactured 15 Rd. 92FS magazines they will not hold more than 16 rounds no matter how deep the baseplate is, because the dents near the bottom of the magazine prevent the follower from going down any farther.

5727089_03_beretta_m9_magazines_assy_pb_c_640.jpg

Good to know! That never occurred to me. I have been baffled as to as to why a company like arredondo never made an extension. I thought it would be a no brainer due to the shear quantity in circulation. That indentation seems to be a logical reason

Thanks for that! Never even thought that was what the indents were for.

If I were to guess, (and this is *just* a guess) I'd say their purpose is to make it so it's easy to load the right number of rounds (for optimal feeding) and impossible to load too many (which might screw up feeding)

These were made to a military spec., so reliability within that spec (and the inability to use them incorrectly) has a lot of value, a lot more than being able to cram one more round in; and *certainly* more value than yahoos like us using aftermarket baseplates to make them 17, 19, or 25 round magazines.

Note that the aftermarket magazines (Mec-Gar comes to mind) *don't* have those dimples, and take +2 baseplates just fine.

Like this:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...-gar-9mm-caliber-magazine-20-rounds?a=1723019

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom