• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta CX4 Storm ???

JohnnyC

NES Member
Hello - Does anyone have any experience, comments, thoughts, or informaion on the Beretta CX4 Storm? Reliability, accuracy, quality, etc? It looks like an interesting 9mm carbine. Thanks.

I have fired my friends. It is very cool and hes had it for years. It did break a magazine catch though (which I have been meaning to find). I would recommend one for plinking. Or for cheaper you could find a Hi-Point carbine.

Hello - Does anyone have any experience, comments, thoughts, or informaion on the Beretta CX4 Storm? Reliability, accuracy, quality, etc? It looks like an interesting 9mm carbine. Thanks.

They're pretty awesome. Mine with a red dot will put a bunch of bullets in a single (ragged) hole at 25 yards off the bench. Never had a single failure with it.

There's two versions, one that takes 92FS magazines, one that takes PX4 magazines. Get the former, because there aren't any pre-ban PX magazines, but 15 round 92FS mags are easy to find. If you can't find a 92 mag version it can be converted by replacing the mag release button and the plastic magazine sleeve.

The whole thing (aside from barrel, bolt, and springs) is plastic, so you're not going to do any trigger work on it, but it doesn't matter, the stock trigger doesn't suck, it's plenty good for anything you'd want to use it for.

It's completely ambidextrous, except for the bolt release lever. Everything else can be swapped to the other side.

I have fired my friends. It is very cool and hes had it for years. It did break a magazine catch though (which I have been meaning to find). I would recommend one for plinking. Or for cheaper you could find a Hi-Point carbine.

I agree with the recommendation to check out the Highpoint 995. I actually have a deposit on one, and it is a very sweet rifle for the money, and has a nice tactical look to it - especially with some of the accessories like the muzzle brake, tactical light, fore grip, etc. Every review I've read has praised it's accuracy, and reliability, and it is WAY cheaper than the Berreta version.

You apparently can pretty easily switch the side they eject the brass from, better for those of us who shoot lefty [grin]

I've oggled them a few times, I need to get my grubby mitts on one to test drive.

I have one that accepts Beretta 92 mags. It's crazy fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate.

The expense is hard to justify though. I bought one on impulse while looking for a different rifle and was going to sell it shortly after but the wife absolutely loves shooting it.

When I first got it I thought the styling was really cool. A few years later and it looks pretty queer and pretentious. Like a fancy gun. Still fun to shoot though.

I think I paid $650 for it in 2005 or 06.

I had the 45acp version and it was one hell of an accurate rifle. The biggest problem i had with it was finding ANY high cap mags for the 45. I even messed around with it at a hundred yards and made good hits on target but nothing to write home about. Inside of 50 yards it was nice.

i have one its a fun gun to shoot. red dot on top, grip on front. they are pricey but its very easy to clean, share mags with 92fs, i also have a keltec sub 2000 with berreta 92 mags, but the cx4 is much more refined at a 300 dollar more price tag.

The Storm pistol and rifle take the same mags dont they?

There's two versions of the storm that are identical except for the magazine spacer sleeve and magazine release button. You can buy the swap parts from Beretta for not much money.

One will take PX4-storm pistol mags, the other takes 92FS magazines.

The .40 caliber version no longer comes from Beretta with 96 mags, they only sell the PX version now. But it can be converted to 96 mags too. The magazine spacer sleeve thing is the same part for .40 and 9mm.

I was strolling through the Marlboro show with my ex a few years ago, and one of the guys who worked for a dealer was selling one out of his personal collection - $495, and he had it tricked out with rails, foregrip, tac sling, a stack of 92FS mags and a badsass looking barrel shroud. I bought it for her for shits and giggles, and she loved it. Even with only iron sights, I was shocked at how accurate it was, and it ran damn reliably.

I don't know that I'd have a practical use for it, and I never quite got over the "plastic toy" feel of it, but it was damn fun to shoot.

But the bitch kept it...

I've had a CX4 9mm for a few years. Great plinker. Accurate to 100 yds (5" groups). Cheap to shoot. You can work on the trigger and mine is pretty sweet. Uses the same mags as my 92FS pistol. If you find one under $550 buy it, you won't be sorry. Add a red dot and you have a real nice piece, it's the gun all my friends like to shoot.

With a red dot, I have fun picking off clays at 100 yards (9mm version). No issues and like mark2 said, there are so good instructions on working the trigger. There is also an aftermarket kit I've been meaning to order and try, but haven't got around to it.

That's the one of the few 9mm carbines I don't have yet. I have shot it and want one to join my collection of 9's. The guys at my club that do own them are very happy with them and they have not said one bad thing about them.
I also am trying to find a Wilkinson Arms Terry carbine.

I have one. It’s a fun gun with a holosight. VERY plastic, but well put together and reasonably accurate. Some friends make fun of me for having one, but I think they secretly like it.

I just got one a month ago. I converted it to take the 92 FS Mags as well as added two stock spacers. I mounted a Bushell 1 * 32 Tactical Red Dot. The thing is well built, it can take pre ban 15 rounds mags and it is very accurate. Off the shoulder at 15 yards I put four thru a quarter while sighting it in. At 25 yards it is very accurate shooiting at 2 inch targets.

I'm surprised MassMark hasn't spoken up yet, because every time the Beretta carbine is mentioned, he usually wants to brag about how his Uzi is better.

I'm not going to disagree, but I will say that (for me, at least) the Beretta is a lot more comfortable to shoot than the Uzi.

It's a great gun to have around if you take new shooters to the range a lot, because it's easy to be reasonably accurate, and it'll make them feel all warm and fuzzy.

It looks really silly to me, and I can't quite reach all of the controls. It's also a pistol-caliber carbine, which is impractical for any serious use. I find myself wanting one, however.

How's the trigger? Really squishy like most bull-pups?

I have the 9mm model with a holosight on top and a Burris laser/light on the side rail. For law enforcement they were designed as an entry weapon, although decent accuracy is possible up to 100 yards. Like everyone else said it's plastic, but it's nothing cheesy. It feels very solid.

I picked one up new and put 50 rounds through it the other day. It was a lot of fun. I just picked up a Vortex Sparc red dot for it. We'll see how well that does next trip to the range.

Back
Top Bottom