Beretta 96D

wasralex22

NES Member
I got myself a Beretta 96D, I've heard mixed reviews on it, but it was a great deal I could not pass up.

I was wondering, because I have heard so many people saying it being a .40 it won't last past 10.000 rounds. What should I replace?

Is their a 9mm conversion available?

If it's of interest Beretta makes a 22 conversion unit a little pricey but worth it. Forget the Ciener unit as his customer service sucks and he may be out of business for taking orders for his kits and not delevering them.

I'm not sure I'd want a .22 version. I was reading on another forum that parts are interchangeable between the 92 series? If this is true, besides the magazine and barrel. What would need to be changed in order to have mine 9mm?

Also a D spring or wilson combat 12# main spring will help your DA pull. The stock spring is way too stiff. Very easy to exchange the mainspring takes like 1 minute.

Also a D spring or wilson combat 12# main spring will help your DA pull. The stock spring is way too stiff. Very easy to exchange the mainspring takes like 1 minute.
Since it's a 96D it already has a "D" spring.
The slick-slide, a full size DAO in .40 S&W. Beretta redesigned the 92 to handle the .40, the slanted dust cover was added to strengthen the frame. I don't think you'll have a problem with service life.

Back
Top Bottom