• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92X

0e642M2h.png

Interesting late in the game effort to touch cz in uspsa. It's too heavy for idpa. Getting rid of the slide dingus is late too but welcome. The only reason to look at it is if you have good access to prebans if in Mass. Outside of Mass I don't know why anyone would be interested.

Last edited:
There's something about the 92fs that is sexy to me. But truth be told, in practical terms, it's a design of yesteryear.

Mine gets little use now, primarily because of what you said. There are newer manufacturers with slimmer profiles, less weight, and better concealability. That said, I can’t seem to part with mine because it was the first pistol I purchased, so there’s that nostalgic factor.

The 92X Performance models have started appearing at gun stores in very limited numbers in the last few weeks.

I was excited for this...picked it up at shot show this year and completely turned off. It did not fit my hand well at all. I was a little bummed but overall a really cool pistol.

The slide mounted safety is ugly as shit. Taurus fixed that problem a long time ago in their versions and it is bullshit it took Beretta so damn long outside of special limited runs of 1,000 pistols to offer it.
It’s not about asthetics, imho. The real problem is during fast manipulation if not careful your hand runs into it and engages it....Not to mention it being backwards from a 1911 kind of makes it worthless.

Interesting late in the game effort to touch cz in uspsa. It's too heavy for idpa. Getting rid of the slide dingus is late too but welcome. The only reason to look at it is if you have good access to prebans if in Mass. Outside of Mass I don't know why anyone would be interested.

I buy whatever guns I want regardless of maurons bullshit, it’s still interesting regardless. Will they ever touch CZ? Never, Not happening... But more products are better. And my 92x centurion is light years ahead of the original F/FS. It’s actually an enjoyable gun to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom