• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92fs

wasralex22

NES Member
Random question.

Does Beretta offer a frame upgrade for the 92fs? I really want the A1 frame, but I don't feel like spending the money on the gun.

And, all the adapters and frame add on just don't fit my fancy.

I know back in the day Glock offered such a thing if you sent you regular frame to them..

Thank you.

The gun you bought is the one you got. They’ll replace under warranty but it’ll be the same frame.

i'm not sure how this is even a question. it's a forged aluminum frame. how on earth would you convert it to a 92A1 frame? the prices of these pistols have come down and are a bargain. if you want a railed pistol just get an M9A1. if you prefer the dovetailed front sight then 92A1 is the path. there are 92A1's all over the place. it's a fine pistol but should have included checkering like the M9A1 then it would have been perfect. even better the new 92X series should check all your boxes. then you can sell the 92fs for a few bills and some creep like myself will score the win.

for my uses the non-railed 92 (ie 92fs) shines in a leather or suede holster particularly in appendix position. the low profile dust cover disappears in the creese of groin. the railed models such as 92A1 or M9A1 require a kydex holster which also works fine but is bulkier. don't go bailing on your 92fs so quick. you'll probably find a use for it eventually.

Last edited:
Random question.

Does Beretta offer a frame upgrade for the 92fs? I really want the A1 frame, but I don't feel like spending the money on the gun.

And, all the adapters and frame add on just don't fit my fancy.

I know back in the day Glock offered such a thing if you sent you regular frame to them..

Thank you.

So at least in the past, you could send in a first or second Gen Glock frame and they’d replace it with a later Gen with a rail?

If so do you know what the cost was?

Sell your Beretta, use the cash to finance a 92FS Vertec, 92A1, M9A1, M9A3, or wait until the next revision of 92Xs to come out.
As of right now the only one on the MA list (if it even applies to you) is the Vertec.

Back
Top Bottom