• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92fs

DJBrad

NES Member

Props to a very sweet Military inspired pistol. Though I don’t have the pleasure of owning an M9 myself the 92fs will have to suffice. I picked this beauty off a retired LEO through consignment from Pullman Arms for a very reasonable price. Add 4 four preban 15 rounders and fun commences! I am just now honing my pistol skills as of 4 months ago with not much time at the range. I am pretty amazed at how easy rifles are to shoot compared to pistols as the fundamentals take much time and practice. I do aim to get a true Colt 1911 one day and add the Sig M17 civilian version to complete the enjoyment. Enjoy the vid!

Last edited:
I'm an absolutely terrible shot with the 92. I can usually nail with a double action shot, but single action I'm all over the place. I know the 92 is an outstanding gun I just don't know how to use it :confused:

I had to research many vids to learn how to use it. Paul Harrel’s Vid tutorial on it was a great help to me. It has really low recoil and despite the weak sight picture I find it a joy to shoot.

I have a 92FS Centurion and I like it a lot. It's a bit shorter than the regular 92 but has the same double stack grip and da/sa trigger. My only comment is the very long take up or pre travel in the trigger when shooting single action.

Yeah the slop is something that would bother many I’m sure. Especially those that have primarily used crisp striker fired trigger. I wonder if there is a way to take out that slop.

They are sweet. I just have a personal problem and can't get past the slide mounted safety. I have a S&W 6906 that basically stole all the features from the 92. Disengaging the safety with an upward sweep of the thumb rubs me the wrong way and I occasionally accidently engage the safety with a hurried slide rack. All my problems, not the gun's.

I have a 92FS Vertec (the original version that I got in 2005).

I replaced all the springs and lightened up the trigger pull, and love it.

I still have it set up (from 2005) with a Streamlight M-6 laser/light on the rail + hogue grip + Mec-gar 20 round mag (as my night stand pistol).

[ Beretta FS92 Vertec and Lobster Pot Pies 015.jpg

D6B77DF6-6958-476C-BA70-8CC060D30713.jpeg Mine is a 1991 so I’m not too sure on any differences that popped up in the next 15 years or not but here is a photo for reference.

I happily own the 92 Brigadier Inox. Great pistol. I use is for steel challenge. With practice my first double action shots
are very good. I like the heft of the gun. It's accurate and easy to accessorize. Tons of prebans and 10 rounds (mecgar)
are cheap. Eats any ammo. Great gun.

Old school cool. Hogue grips help with the wide body. Picked mine up when all the local shops had the Italian manufacture model. Nice shooter.

I'm an absolutely terrible shot with the 92. I can usually nail with a double action shot, but single action I'm all over the place. I know the 92 is an outstanding gun I just don't know how to use it :confused:
Just an update, I finally figured out my mojo with the 92. I focused on trigger squeeze (not pull), blast anticipation, and slowly finding the reset, and just like magic, I was on target and groups are tight. Also, I'm right handed and left eye dominant which I didn't know before.

For some reason, I can still shoot better with the glock 19. I think it has to do with the trigger break being further up instead of all the way back like in the 92.
At least I know the Beretta is a solid shooter. Does anyone use rubber grips on theirs? I think it would make all the difference.

I love my 92FS, though I don't use it as much as I'd like. It's too big for me to carry daily, and I usually take my P238 and 1911 to the range with me. On a whim, I did add the Crimson Trace laser grips and it's on my nightstand every evening. I still have more trust in that for a home defense situation than anything else I own. Having enough magazines to have 120+ rounds at my disposal doesn't hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom