beretta 92FS

whatever you're comfortable carrying, but.... I'd rather have 9 rounds of 45 than 15 rounds of 9mm
As opinions vary, I disagree. More likely to encounter multiple average bad guys than 1 big, harder to stop bad guy. With mag changes, that's a lot more rounds.

I haven't tried to carry under clothes, but on a bicycle in a fanny pack on the side the extra weight and bulk aren't as bad.

I have owned about five 92s over the years. I get the "bug" for one every so often, but they are so easy to find I buy and sell them. They are smooth (operate the slide next to a typical 1911 to compare), accurate, and reliable. Everyone should own at least one 9mm high capacity "wonder-nine" type pistol and the Beretta is a great choice. I recently switched to a Gen4 Glock 17, but only due to an opportunity to get pre-ban standard capacity magazines for it.

Chris

I've had a 92FS as my hd / range gun for a while, but the grips always seemed just little off for me. A bit too fat. Thanks to Squib308s detailed comments in a post here I pulled the trigger (I'm sorry) on the Vertec model that Four Seasons recently got in. I had the opportunity to take it out the range with some friends yesterday and I was very impressed. It felt very good in my hands. Quick on to the target and very accurate. It might be a bit big to edc, but it does feel much lighter than its FS cousin. It's seriously my new favorite (don't tell the others).

I carried it owb in Afghanistan. Not concealed, obviously, it was in an old school full flap holster. Once I swapped my issue belt for my wilderness instructor belt it was fine all day.
Like most belt rigs, a good belt makes all the difference.

Last edited:
you guise inspired me to pull the 92FS out of the safe and give it a good cleaning. both the lady and i were saying we should shoot it more.

then we were dry firing it and i realized how spoiled i am with my glock. dat double action beretta pull. mein gott.

Have you swapped in the D spring yet? If not it makes world of difference on the DA pull

if directed at my post--nope, haven't done it yet. it'll eventually get done when i have some spare cash.

Yup Worth the upgrade for sure. Makes the DA pull much smoother and gets rid of the stacking. For me every other upgrade is kinda optional but the D spring or WC 16# spring are a given.

who also happened to mexican carry the 92 which dings his credibility.
however Riggs redeamed himself by sacking York and beheading Longshanks' nephew.

If only he had it at Falkirk, it could have turned the tide....

lol i just noticed that,i saw a photo of one of them the other day and everything was on the right. warwickben, they are European police trade ins

I know , few sites are offering these. I know the biggest knock is most Americans don't like the mag release . Just not sure the difference with the letters after 92 mean.
I know it means different controls but other then that no sure what they mean.

Side note...mag release can be quickly swapped to each side. I am a lefty so I got an oversized release and swapped it over. I also did the trigger spring and the DA is very nice but the SA so damn clean and so easy to empty it....

I used to CC my 92fsinox OWB in the winter with a 17 rounder. Was a great piece, but definitely a large carry option haha

I love berettas. I have carried my M9A1 with a light OWB occasionally. But it is a bit big for that IMO. Love the guns, Just picked up a Vertec. Can't wait to shoot it!

would the 92fs be considered friendly for both a.) a lefty and b.) a beginner?
If you're willing to manipulate the controls enough times for it to be second nature. Very little recoil is partly why I love mine. It was my first semi and I IWB that bad boy when I feel like spicing things up.

- - - Updated - - -

*cough cough if you can't handle the DA you're a bitch cough cough*
;)

Back
Top Bottom