beretta 92FS

would the 92fs be considered friendly for both a.) a lefty and b.) a beginner?

yes with the exception of the mag release. safety is ambidextrous... you could even consider one of the horrid euro mag releases because for a lefty it wouldn't be that horrid... just different.

my first firearm was my 92, and one of the first ones the lady atilla fired was also my 92. she still loves it to this day and wants nothing to do with my glock 19.

It was my first firearm period. And is a blast to shoot as a newer shooter I was able to become very accurate quickly with this pistol. Like others have said the only true drawbacks I see are the larger grips and the mag release. Even with the extended mag release it is hard to one hand drop since the grips are so big.
For the record I have a regular 92FS.

I just picked up a 92fs Inox at the Wilmington show and it is flipping gorgeous. I didn't let the other half know what my plan was initially, but when we walked in the door I informed her that I would be leaving with a 92fs as some point. She was resistant at first, but as soon as she saw it she changed her mind and agreed that it was fantastic looking. An hour later we on my way up to Pelham F&G to try out the new toy, it shoots like a dream!

I just picked up a 92fs Inox at the Wilmington show and it is flipping gorgeous. I didn't let the other half know what my plan was initially, but when we walked in the door I informed her that I would be leaving with a 92fs as some point. She was resistant at first, but as soon as she saw it she changed her mind and agreed that it was fantastic looking. An hour later we on my way up to Pelham F&G to try out the new toy, it shoots like a dream!
Give me a range report after u get like a thousand thru it I got mine a few months back and I love it. But yesterday when I was shooting it the first shot felt like the spring was lose or not engaging then it ran like a clock for the rest of the rounds my regular beater fs didn't feel like that just curious if that's how yours will feel.

Give me a range report after u get like a thousand thru it I got mine a few months back and I love it. But yesterday when I was shooting it the first shot felt like the spring was lose or not engaging then it ran like a clock for the rest of the rounds my regular beater fs didn't feel like that just curious if that's how yours will feel.

Will do. I put 150 rounds of re-manufactured freedom munitions 115 grain through it and there was not a single hiccup. Everything feels super tight right now. Hell if the dealer told me it was brand new I would have believed him! I do get the feeling however that the better half will put more rounds through it than I will. The extra weight of the stainless makes the recoil negligible. After the first few shots her exact words were "You can keep the G26 for range days, I will take this one!" lol

My original one had several thousand rounds through it and ran as good as the day I bought it. I have had three and have not had an issue with any of them. I finally got the one I waned, the INOX version.

I could never get used to carrying my 92FS. Traded it away years ago. The two "biggest" guns I'll carry are a full size 1911 or a G19 and I have no problems comfortably concealing either of those.

i have been seriously considering a used 92fs lately, but i admit i don't know much about them. anything to look for, or avoid? how about US model vs Italian made, and older ones vs newer ones... does it matter?

i have been seriously considering a used 92fs lately, but i admit i don't know much about them. anything to look for, or avoid? how about US model vs Italian made, and older ones vs newer ones... does it matter?
If you want one with a rail and plan to carry it, go with the M9A1 not the 92A1. Much easier to find a holster for the M9 version. That said, there's no real benefit I'm aware of between 92fs and M9

I love my 92 FS. I shoot heavier guns better than lighter ones. Obviously, it's a problem carrying it concealed in the warmer months. I'll have to look into the spring upgrade one of these days.

When I take new shooters to the range, I always give them the 92FS first. Very newbie friendly. The only other heavy gun that I am as accurate with is my buddy's father's father's 1911 made in the '40s. That is smooth as butter. Never been able to find a 1911 that shoots as well as that worn in gun.

If you want one with a rail and plan to carry it, go with the M9A1 not the 92A1. Much easier to find a holster for the M9 version. That said, there's no real benefit I'm aware of between 92fs and M9

personally i find the fixed front sight on the 92fs/M9 incredibly annoying. Tooltech Gunsight in Michigan can drill out the front sight and install a tritium bulb but this is a PITA and i'd rather just have the option to drift the front sight as I please.

On the other hand, the 92A1, brigadier, vertec and new M9A3 models all have a dovetailed front sight. for this reason i find the 92A1 and the vertec to be the "best" beretta 92 variants out there, basically just different WRT rear grip contour and trigger guard.

just my fat-ass opinion. YMMV.

My original one had several thousand rounds through it and ran as good as the day I bought it. I have had three and have not had an issue with any of them. I finally got the one I waned, the INOX version.

My first one all black got it used was broken in smooth as a baby's bottom. But I got the shiny bug so I got an inox. I love it just feels weird on the first shot sticky almost then it runs fine.

I love my M9. Ok, technically it's my wife's. I bought it for her when she was deployed in Iraq. Had a chance to by consecutive serial numbers and didn't (still hate myself everyday for that).

I've been on the hunt for a new holster for carrying it. I prefer OWB and I came across one from Wilson Combat. Anyone have any experience with this holster?

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom