• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92fs Trigger Question

iofneedle

NES Member
I just bought a used 92FS. I replaced the the hammer spring with a WC reduced power 16. I also replaced the poly hammer with a steel one that I got directly from Beretta.

The DA pull which is much lighter than stock and is just fine. However, I am having trouble with the SA. I rack the slide to place in single action mode...I take up the slack in the trigger...but there is no clean break or follow thru (I want just a tiny bit of over travel) to drop the hammer. As a matter of fact, I need to put quite a bit of pressure after I take of the slack to drop the hammer. The safety and decocker work fine.

Should it be like this and if not, what can I do to correct it?

Thanks

Last edited:
I would take a look at the trigger bar and sear. Pretty easy to get inthere once grips and mainspring are removed. I dont think the issue will be fixed w polishing. If you had a gritty DA pull i would say polish it up, but if the SA pull is off then something is hung-up or not assembled correctly. The SA break should be VERY crisp even w all stock parts.

any decent gunsmith should be able to fix it seeing as the 92 is such ubiquitous design.

It's not the original hammer in the Beretta. I polished the sides of the hammer as well as the top of the hammer strut. The SA pull is much better now...crisper and lighter. I only polish for an hour with 1500 grit paper. I'll put another hour into it tomorrow and I think i will be all set.

Wish I could say I figuredit out...but saw a You Tube video with similar SA problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom