• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92FS pistols

I'm gonna join the crowd and confess my undying love for my 92FS. Smooth, sweet shooter. I changed the springs and gave her a trigger job so it's just that much better.

It's such a great gun I've been thinking about getting a second 92FS.

THats a stupid hollywood trick- If he was able to get the sldie,then why wouldnt he just take the whole gun? its stupid to take only part of a working gun,when you can have the whole thing. Beretta sells a modified take down lever if it bothers people that much or you can just grind the stock one down a bit.

It happened a few times in real-life LE situations as well.

It happened a few times in real-life LE situations as well.

I want a citation for that one. It is not that easy to swing the slide release unless it is already started. There is a ball detent on there which needs to be depressed before the release will even swing around.

When I went through Berettas L/E armorers class they reported it only had happened once.

I'm gonna join the crowd and confess my undying love for my 92FS. Smooth, sweet shooter. I changed the springs and gave her a trigger job so it's just that much better.

It's such a great gun I've been thinking about getting a second 92FS.

Rob, where/who did the work on your 92FS? I'd love to get mine done.

To add to this thread, I love my 92FS, it's like pit stick, don't leave home without putting it on! [grin]

Were you able to improve the SA pull? I'd consider getting another one
if I could get someone to make the SA better. The DA is easy, just put in a
Wolff spring... the stock mainspring is like 50% overkill weight wise.

-Mike

This was the first semi-auto I ever fired, absolutely loved it. was accurate, and I kinda liked the larger frame/grip. felt like I had more control over it. would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the cash.

Berettas are great. The 92FS is a BIG gun for 9mm. If I'm going to carry a gun that big, it'll be .45. I'll be trading mine away for another 1911 soon. I'll probably regret it later. [grin] It's my only remaining hi-cap firearm.
23003.jpg

DA was all Wolff springs. SA was improved by ever so slightly honing and polishing the hammer and sear. I gave the gun to a jeweler friend of mine who was a semi-pro amateur gunsmith. Before anyone goes off on a tear, no he did not screw up my gun, and yes I trust(ed) him implicitly. I don't know if he is still set up to do any more. It has been a while.

From what he told me, it was a very quick and easy job. I'm not about to recommend everyone start rouging internal parts, but anything can be done with the proper tools.

Can you put NS on the inox (i.e are they dovetailed)?

A decent gunsmith can put NS on any of them - even ones with a fixed front sight instead of a dovetail. It's a standard Trijicon part; the smith just drills out the post for the Triji insert. The rear sight is dovetailed on all models. It's NOT an expensive procedure. Triji's recommended smith (ToolTech) will do the whole thing - including the cost of the the Triji sights - for $150.00. http://tooltechgunsight.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=50

http://www.olhasso.com/PS/index.htm for Beretta parts and gunsmithing. Adding a D main spring will probably take a good 2lbs of the double action pull. As for the single action I never had any issues with it.

I shot my 92FS yesterday for the first time with a new D spring and Stainless recoil rod installed.

The DA pull while still long seemed smoother. Weather the stainless recoil rod does anything functional other than add a little weight I don't know but like the idea of less plastic. [smile]

Last edited:
I have gone through a couple of these.. My Italian 92 inox, is definitely a keeper. the trigger on it and the action is smooth and just a bout perfect, no mods 100% stock. Just lots of shooting it.

My US made 96 Centurian.. I do notice that the action and the trigger are nowhere near as slick as the italian 92.. I think it is a matter of fit finish and attention to detail of the US vs Italian made guns..

As a compromise, if you can find one. the 92 compact is an awesome gun. Excellent downsizing of the full size.. Had one, sold it, have always regretted that decision.

!

About the 92 FS, did anyone ever ask a gunsmith about improving the trigger, given that seems a common complaint? Put on a set of laser grips instead lamenting night sights cannot be used, and maybe you have a real 'contendah'?

Hey, makes me want to look into finding one! (It takes a great picture!)

Last edited:
Really for the price of a stock 92fs, everyone should own one just because. You can get great deals on cheapish hardly used beretta's most anywhere. Even new you shouldn't have to spend much more than 500 or so. Go for it. And check out the berettaforum.net for all the info you'd ever want to know. Just expect them to be biased obviously.

I have a 92FS but the M9 has always interested me. It's as close as you can get to the original 92F seen in Diehard and Lethal /weapon not to mention our current GI sidearm. Unless of course you can find a decent 92F, most found are well used because of their age. Straight dust cover, non radiused backstrap and no foolish warning engraved. I'd love to find one in MA but haven't seen one.

Beautiful collection Stoney a 1911, 1911A1 and an M9

Mags are very easy and still fairly inexpensive for the 92 also.The best of the 92's in my opinion
P3060254.jpg

I recently picked up a 92FS and a 92FS INOX (all stainless safety/decocker, slide release, takedown), just had a chance to take them shooting last night. Both were great, no complaints, like the rest of my Berettas. Another one I have is an older Beretta 92D Centurian, this gun has one of the smoothest DAO pulls I've ever shot and that gun is a tack-driver.

I bought a set of crimson Trace LG402 Mil spec grips for my M9A1 and an insight light:

P2070126.jpg

No, it's got a different grip, the front strap is checkered, the side of the frame says "M9 edition", it comes in cardboard instead of the plastic case, and this one is an M9A1 so it has a rail on the front. Otherwise, it's identical to the 92FS. I believe there are M9's in different colors though.

Where did you get the M9?

I really like my 92FS, and that actually surprised me. I bought it on impulse just because I liked the way it looked and because I figured if it was good enough for the Army it should be good enough for me. Then when I took it out to actually shoot it I liked it even more.

So I think I should get another one.... [grin]

So? How'd you like it? I loved the M9!

Shoots great and fits my hand just fine. I can't understand why people say they can't grip it comfortably. My hands aren't big at all and I can grip and shoot it fine.

The gun is very accurate from 25 yards using Remington UMC but shot low using Winchester white box ammo.

Rapid fire was fine using 5 different types of ammo including Speer Gold Dot which is what I'd pack a mag with if I carry it.

Back
Top Bottom