Beretta 92A1 and Approved Weapons Roster

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Does any one know when the Mass Approved Weapons Roster gets issued?

Also, has any one heard anything about the Beretta 92A1 coming to Mass?

Thanks and God Bless

It allegedly gets issued 4x/year, but if there are no new guns they might not bother re-issuing it.

Best source of info is to call Beretta and ask them directly. They pretty much control the process. Mfr MUST submit gun to one of 4/5 independent labs (if they want to), then send the data to GCAB. GCAB acts on submittals at the next monthly meeting, makes recommendations to the Sec. of Public Safety . . . who can accept them, reject them, or just ignore them. If approved at that point, it gets published at the next publication date and only then can it be sold in MA (to LEOs only, see below addition).

ETA: The above is "phase 1". Then the Mfr must certify that the gun meets the AG Regs before it can be sold in MA to civilians.

Len Thanks for the information. I have put in two questions to Beretta USA about their submitting the 92A1 to the Mass. It's been about a month. No reply yet!

Not all companies/people are good at returning Email.

Give them a call . . . ask and then make a "pitch" that lots of MA LTC-holders are waiting for it. See what they say.

Never happening. You are better off looking on the secondary market for one instead of praying that it will become "compliant". Beretta hasn't put a gun on the roster in many years.

-Mike

I received word from Beretta USA "that Beretta will most likely NOT submit that gun for MA compliance."
So much for capitalism and the free market.

I wish all gun companies that have firearms that are not acceptable to Mass. for one reason or another would take a firm stand.They should refuse to sell their products to any Mass. Police Depts. and when the guns carried by the Cops start falling apart,maybe common sense would prevail and this stupid list would disappear?Oh well I can dream can't I?

I received word from Beretta USA "that Beretta will most likely NOT submit that gun for MA compliance."
So much for capitalism and the free market.

joking or not? it's obviously the regs that are at fault. they are without question the negation of a free market.

call them up again and assure them that MA citizens will cover the cost of compliance by voluntarily paying higher prices on their firearms even when they could get comparable firearms (cough s&w cough) at a more reasonable price point for the item in question. then you can talk about capitalism.

call them up again and assure them that MA citizens will cover the cost of compliance by voluntarily paying higher prices on their firearms even when they could get comparable firearms (cough s&w cough) at a more reasonable price point for the item in question. then you can talk about capitalism.

Good luck with that. I don't think Beretta cares. Why would they bother when people in MA will probably just "Settle" for a 92FS anyways? (Bear in mind, this is also the same company that refuses to do frame replacements of any kind for MA residents).

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom