Beretta 92 preban mags

They look the same as postban mags. Caught carrying 'preban' mags in a 92, getting cuffed. It's not like Glock with U notches and low marked caliber numbers or Sig with a zipper back.

They look the same as postban mags. Caught carrying 'preban' mags in a 92, getting cuffed. It's not like Glock with U notches and low marked caliber numbers or Sig with a zipper back.

Regarding beretta magazines this is inaccurate. The pistol was well established prior to 1994 and there are ample pre-94 magazines. And an LEO deciding to put one in cuffs has ZERO to do with some nonsense about U notches or zipper backs. Thats fantasy land.

The pistol was well established prior to 1994 and there are ample pre-94 magazines.

So how to tell the difference? I know there are some obvious post ban tells but AFAIK there is no positive way to qualify pre-ban. None.

So how to tell the difference? I know there are some obvious post ban tells but AFAIK there is no positive way to qualify pre-ban. None.

manufacturers in the 80s and early 90s did not preemptively label their magazines ”pre-9/94” to help those who are stuck in AWB states 30 years later. What you seek doesn’t exist. There are Magazines that didn’t exist before 94 and there are magazines with definite post 94 markings such as “LEO only“. The old school beretta mags had thinner side grooves, metal baseplates, metal followers and other small differences. Even so one cannot PROVE a magazine is made prior to 9/94. Even the Glock U notches that we all know are pre-94, show me where that is labeled on the magazine or Glock has attested in writing.

cliff note version: there are no pre-ban mags, only post-ban mags. if one’s magazine is under a microscope, it’s already a world of shit.

Regarding beretta magazines this is inaccurate. The pistol was well established prior to 1994 and there are ample pre-94 magazines. And an LEO deciding to put one in cuffs has ZERO to do with some nonsense about U notches or zipper backs. Thats fantasy land.
I have a couple eagle ones that are definitely pre 94. What are the noticeable differences in factory Beretta 15 rounders with pre and post ban? I've asked around a bunch of gun people and no one knows. I'd hope someone with the handle "92G" could give some definitive answers lol. Thanks

Low caliber markings on Glock mags mean literally nothing.

Also, expect to be cuffed carrying ANY mag over ten rounds unless you are lucky to find a cop who doesn't care at all.

Also, expect to be cuffed carrying ANY mag over ten rounds unless you are lucky to find a cop who doesn't care at all.
that.

my take on that is - i keep all the hi capacity mags in my home g17 guns, as if i ever will have to use them - i want 17 rounds in there, and i don't really care what will it be - legally - after i will have to use them up. it will be just a minor part of the major shitshow anyway. but i hope it will never happen. where i am now - chances for the home invasion are minor. not a 0%, but, minor.

for an edc gun on my belt - it is just not clear to me why to bother adding new potential issues with 10+ mags, if i will ever be frisked for no reason or whatever else happens. i have 1 10rd mag in the gun, and one more mag in the pouch, and it is fine. cops i talked to before gave me same perception, that no one EVER will be sorting out if your 15 or 17 rounder is legal or not - they will book you and charge you, and will let the court to sort it out. why do i need that for?

Low caliber markings on Glock mags mean literally nothing.

Yeah that's why as a non-special person [not LEO, retired LEO, mil or retired mil], we civilians are better off carrying just 10 rounders. Remember guys, the second amendment only goes up to ten in MA.

Follow the law - if it's legal to carry a 17-round pre-ban mag then you shouldn't be scared to do WHAT'S LEGAL.

Back
Top Bottom