• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 70S (.380) magazine interchangeability

As the title suggests, I'm trying to determine what magazines might be 'close enough' to the original to perform a little work on.

A genuine Beretta magazine for the 'Garcia' import model of the 70S is breathtakingly expensive for a magazine. And I don't mean the garbage Triple K ones.

It *appears* the Bersa Thunder mags are good on angle and follower, but are missing the cutout for the mag release. Could be done with a dremel, but... eh. That's work.

The EAA .380 mag looks almost perfect. Cutout looks right, follower looks good. And they are only $30 or so.

Anyone else screw around with customizing a mag for a different firearm? I know lots of manufacturers use common templates (e.g Beretta and S&W), but I was trying to find more info on doing things like this.

The internet is an amazing and odd thing. I can learn how to fly a helicopter via YouTube, but I can't find simple info on old firearms.

Back
Top Bottom