• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 1301 Marine.

I highly doubt the 1301 us as good as my Winchester 1300 Marine (at least until the barrel fell off while firing it). :mad:

I was actually knocking my Winchester 1300. I'm sure the 1301 is better at least recoil wise cuz it's comparing a semi vs. a pump.

Yeah, I think the parenthetical “until the barrel fell off” was a “tell”.
Yes, it was a shock. I was shooting 3" shells in my backyard about 15 years ago and where the magazine tube attached to the barrel, the weld broke leaving the barrel dangling. I'm like WTF? I bought it at 4 Seasons and told Carl about it. He gave me a contact at Winchester who was hard to get ahold of, so I wrote a letter. Finally, after several months, I get a call back and after I explained it again, and after I sent the barrel back to them, they sent me a new barrel, except that it wasn't new. It must have been hanging in a facility for years because it had mucho surface rust inside the SS barrel. The chrome on the outside was fine. I called them back, told them this was unacceptable, and shipped it back to them. After more phone calls and a letter around 2-3 months later, Winchester sent me a brand new barrel. Because I was tentative about firing it again after what happened, I never fired it after I put the new barrel on, so it has just sat in my gun safe ever since then. It still looks nice though. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom