Beowulf .50

I only have an FID, can I buy a Beowulf .50? It is only capable of excepting [sic] 10 round mags I believe.

IF it has only 10-round or less mags AND is not on the Large Capacity Roster, an FID will suffice.

What you will REALLY need is a large capacity bank account.

Since the .50 Beowulf is just a caliber loaded to the standard AR platform, I would say NO, you can't own one on an FID. No magazine modification is needed to use an AR 30 round which holds 12 Beowulf easily. (Although you will want to smooth the lips or you'll gouge the casings.) At this time, I do not know any other platform for this round. Also, the 90 round aftermarket AR mag can hold up to 32 rounds with no modifications.

Since the .50 Beowulf is just a caliber loaded to the standard AR platform, I would say NO, you can't own one on an FID. ... At this time, I do not know any other platform for this round.

If true, the gun would obviously be an "assault weapon" as an AR-15 clone. An LTC would be required.

If Savage or any other manufacturer is chambering a bolt gun or a non-large capacity semi-auto in the caliber, then the FID would suffice.

Definitely need an LTC for the above reasons. If age is your limitation for not having a LTC; have patience. It will be worth it. The Beowulf is very fun to shoot. Hopefully ammo availability gets worked out soon.

Back
Top Bottom