• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bennington, VT auction

Spotted on Craigslist, but didn't bother with the 'Craigslist finds' thread here since I had to hunt to find the auction house (they neglected to put their name or website on the CL post.)

http://www.roadtoadauction.com/auctions

190 North St, Bennington, VT 05201

http://www.roadtoadauction.com/auctions/14

[h=2]SPORTSMAN AUCTION[/h]Starts 9/9/2017 10:00 AM
Ends 9/9/2017 8:00 PM
Sportsman auction. Ammo, over 50 guns, taxidermy, bows, 4 wheeler, canoe, kayaks, and much much more. Preview will be 1pm - 7pm sept 8th and 8 am on the 9th. Space is limited so come early.

There are quite a few lots that are "choice" so you are not bidding on all of what's in the picture, just what you would pay for 1 and the winner gets to choose ONE of the items. Of course they also can pick any number, but you will be bidding on what you are paying for each one you take.

What is the source of all these items?

With such a wide array of things I'm thinking these might be Fish&Game confiscation items? I don't see anything I'd specifically travel to Bennington Vt. for unless I was going to look at the foliage in the process.

There are quite a few lots that are "choice" so you are not bidding on all of what's in the picture, just what you would pay for 1 and the winner gets to choose ONE of the items. Of course they also can pick any number, but you will be bidding on what you are paying for each one you take.

How's that work?

There's a lot with (just for example) 12 rifle scopes. You think the most valuable one is worth $120, so you bid that much. You win because 2nd place thinks it's only worth $110, and you then pick the $120 scope, but that's it? Or can you get as many as you want at $120 each, and anything left over is open for bid again?

Back
Top Bottom