• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bennington VT. Appleseed

OK, was kicking around what to do with the boys this weekend and one of them pipes up and says" hey dad, remember last year when we were going to go camping and shooting and couldn't go, could we go this weekend?" Well, gave it quite a bit of thought, about 10 seconds, and saw that Bennington VT has an Appleseed running this weekend, its a 22 only event due to a whiney neighbor, so reservations done, 4000 rounds of ammo, 4-22's with 4 mags each, slings and a Ruger 77/22mag and a pile of 22 mag ammo, camping gear to stay on sight and off we go, leave Friday and come back Sunday.
Its been a tough summer on the kids with very little funds to do stuff, (had to cancel Disney for lack of work) Not many companies renting AV gear recently and Sound System rentals are way,way off. This is a great opportunity to have some fun, bonding time with the kids.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!
Are there any other items of interest to go check out while I'm in the area?

Bennington VT has an Appleseed running this weekend, its a 22 only event due to a whiney neighbor, so reservations done, 4000 rounds of ammo, 4-22's with 4 mags each, slings and a Ruger 77/22mag and a pile of 22 mag ammo, camping gear to stay on sight and off we go, leave Friday and come back Sunday.

Well, Danbo already mentioned the Battle monument. You might want to PM Buzzworth on the AppleseedInfo.org forum, as he's the shoot boss and a local - he could undoubtedly mention stuff to check out on Friday. Saturday and Sunday, you'll be too busy shooting! [smile]

Oh... and you might want to grab another brick or two of ammo. Buzz has you guys shoot a LOT. He's an excellent instructor and a great guy. Have fun.

I will do, slacking??!! My 10 yr old had quite the look when I told him he would be shooting 2-525 boxes of Federal this weekend. I look forward to the blisters on my fingers from loading mags.

Back
Top Bottom