• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benelli M4 trigger tab?

Hello all,

What is this trigger tab as when I pull back the bolt charger it won't lock in place unless this is clicked on why? The regular safety is one thing but what is this tab?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 9
No mag the issue is can't start loading rounds until you click this which makes no sense.
It allows you to "Port feed" shells before transferring to mag-tube shells. This allows you to fill the tube with say, buckshot, but load slugs first for further distanced targets...

It allows you to "Port feed" shells before transferring to mag-tube shells. This allows you to fill the tube with say, buckshot, but load slugs first for further distanced targets...
but why do I need to click this in order to load any shell seems like one extra step to deal with.

It is one extra step. A good one. You'll see when you put it through its paces.
There is much on youtube about its correct application. Study up newbie. Congrats!

The CDL is excellent when keeping the shotgun in a "Cruiser-Ready" configuration...

If I could give you one additional piece of advice...

Buy a half-dozen of these:

1593921338580.png

You now own one of the most potent and efficient shotgun platforms on the Earth.
Learn to safely and correctly feed & operate it by practicing with snap caps until it becomes a seamless and unconscious fluid process.
You owe it to that shotgun...

Last edited:
It is one extra step. A good one. You'll see when you put it through its paces.
There is much on youtube about its correct application. Study up newbie. Congrats!

The CDL is excellent when keeping the shotgun in a "Cruiser-Ready" configuration...
thanks man just was trying to figure out why that was an extra step

I love my M4 such an amazing piece and have not shot it once yet. I am learning the firearm like anyone should do. I noticed tonight though that in order to get a shell in did not have one in my hand but I realized I could not push down until I clicked that release tab. So I needed to safety on, release tab clicked then load.

I love my M4 such an amazing piece and have not shot it once yet. I am learning the firearm like anyone should do. I noticed tonight though that in order to get a shell in did not have one in my hand but I realized I could not push down until I clicked that release tab. So I needed to safety on, release tab clicked then load.
The manual of arms for an M4 is very different than a pump. Like I said get the snap-caps, it will help a lot and they are also great tools to help find cycling issues when they pop up. Get nice aluminum-bodied ones like the A-Zooms. The plastic ones (even the better ones) are just toys and will fail you in short order...
~Enbloc

If I could give you one additional piece of advice...

Buy a half-dozen of these:

View attachment 370591

You now own one of the most potent and efficient shotgun platforms on the Earth.
Learn to safely and correctly feed it by practicing with snap caps until it becomes a seamless and unconscious fluid process.
You owe it to that shotgun...
thanks

The manual of arms for an M4 is very different than a pump. Like I said get the snap-caps, it will help a lot and they are also great tools to help find cycling issues when they pop up. Get nice aluminum-bodied ones like the A-Zooms. The plastic ones (even the better ones) are just toys and will fail you in short order...
~Enbloc
Hey quick question. So I have metal 9MM dummy rounds for my 9's and I find that once in a while I will find shavings in the barrel which is no good. Have you had any issues with the a zoom snap caps in that sense? Could very well be the 9mm dummy rounds are just crap as well but I was thinking of going plastic for that next time. I will definitely buy some today as I want to practice loading one over the top chamber it then load the remaining shells then cycle through them with the release lever etc. Thanks again for the advice.

The Benelli M4 is a great platform. One of the Benellis key features is the guns ability to change out the chambered round by merely racking the bolt. Unlike other shoguns working the Benellis bolt will not automatically take a round from the magazine tube. A Benelli feeds rounds from the magazine two ways. 1 pulling the trigger. And firing the gun will automatically feed a shell from the mag tube and onto the carrier. 2 the second way is when the tubes is loaded if you press the cartridge drop it wI’ll load a shell onto the carrier. The cartridge drop lever actually has two function: releasing a cartridge from the mag tube and showing you the gun is cocked Via the Red dot visible. The Bennelli is a great platform,very robust. It’s one weakness is the weak attachment method on the front sight. I was responsible for maintaining a bunch of M-2 and M-4’s

Agree with everything you’ve said in this thread.
The plastic ones (even the better ones) are just toys and will fail you in short order...
~Enbloc
Except that. I have some awesome B-Unique snap caps that I highly recommend. B's Dry Fire Snap Caps - 12 Gauge | B's Snap Caps
It’s a standard hull, weighted, capped and crimped with a rubber primer. They look and feel exactly like a 2-3/4” 12ga. rd. Maybe my hesitation with fully aluminum snap caps is misplaced,(I own all metal rifle and pistol snap caps) but with a semi-auto shotgun, I may lean towards the “toys” as you so refer to them. Also, $30 for 9 is cheaper than $12 for 2 of the A-zoom. It’s all personal preference I suppose.

Hey quick question. So I have metal 9MM dummy rounds for my 9's and I find that once in a while I will find shavings in the barrel which is no good. Have you had any issues with the a zoom snap caps in that sense? Could very well be the 9mm dummy rounds are just crap as well but I was thinking of going plastic for that next time. I will definitely buy some today as I want to practice loading one over the top chamber it then load the remaining shells then cycle through them with the release lever etc. Thanks again for the advice.
The anodized aluminum training "rounds" can go through a violent process when using them at full speed. I always check a few things before/during/after training with them.

First, I inspect them for any gouging or rim distortions., then train with them if ok.
Next, I listen to the sound of everything moving, if I hear something odd I reinspect the round and the shotgun or firearm closely.
(the last thing I want to do is ruin an ejector or elevator and unknowingly think it is ready for action)
Lastly, I recheck the snap-cap for any damage and put them away if ok, if not, I try and determine the cause.

As to your 9mm 'dummy' rounds, are the mocked up from shot brass? if they are were they resized correctly before transforming them into dummies?
I prefer the hard anodized A-Zooms in any caliber over the plastic or hard rubber trainers.
Well made dummy rounds from once-shot brass would be my second choice over the plastic ones.

It sounds like a lot, but it is not and goes by very quickly...

~Enbloc

Back
Top Bottom