Benchmade knives

Does anyone know if Amazon is considered a "authorized" dealer as far as the warranty goes? There is a knife I've been eyeing and its pretty pricey and don't wanna get stiffed on the lifetime warranty.

Thanks for any info!

Benchmade is one of those companies that don't care where you bought it from.

I sent in a benchmade osborne with the blade tip broken, my own stupidity using it as a pry bar, it was send back with a new blade.

Benchmade is one of those companies that don't care where you bought it from.

I sent in a benchmade osborne with the blade tip broken, my own stupidity using it as a pry bar, it was send back with a new blade.

Yup. Benchmade will take care of you. The warranty is built into the price.

Awesome, and thank you very much for the info. It got really good reviews. I wanted the Infidel but why waste $300+ on a knife you can't carry.

I often ask myself questions like that, and then go buy what I want. Thought about the Infidel but held off until I left Mass and got a Microtech instead, since I have several Benchmade knives already. They are a great value.

What I like about Benchmade knives (I own two) is that you can send them back and for 5.00 they completely refurb them for you. I do this every couple of years. They always come back as good as new.

I purchased mine used from someone and had a warranty issue with the return spring. They took it in, fixed it and sharpened it before sending it back. No cost.

I only own Benchmade and Gerber knives.

Yes they will, so long as it's a genuine Benchmade knife.

I just sent a Benchmade knife I bought from Amazon back to Benchmade for warranty repairs. Benchmade will honor the warranty, but they make you sign a sheet that basically says you're aware there are counterfeit knives out there, and if they receive a counterfeit they'll impound it and aren't required to compensate you.

I would buy another knife from Amazon in a heartbeat, but I'm wary of third parties selling via the Amazon website. Before you buy, look to see who fulfills the order (it will say on the page right below the price). If the Amazon page says, "offered by XYZ company," I'd research XYZ company before you make a purchase.

Benchmades are awesome knives. I like knives, (same way I like firearms, motorcycles, tools), and well made knives are things of beauty.

Benchmades.jpg
Top to bottom: presidio auto-axis, a gift from my brother; presidio limited edition 268/400, a gift from my wife; a backup Stryker, my daily carry Stryker.

Benchmades are awesome knives. I like knives, (same way I like firearms, motorcycles, tools), and well made knives are things of beauty.

View attachment 126483
Top to bottom: presidio auto-axis, a gift from my brother; presidio limited edition 268/400, a gift from my wife; a backup Stryker, my daily carry Stryker.

Nice! I've got an auto stryker. Bought it after watching I Am Legend. I'm sorry to say that it's my least favorite Benchmade, and I'm a big BM fan. The release button is very small and if you press it with a flat thumb, it squeezes the pivot and deploys sluggishly, if at all. I have to activate it with the tip of my thumb for it to deploy reliably. Also have an auto presidio which I like a lot better.

I'm looking to buy this one. The Emissary 470 that is grey and now discontinued. Anyone have one for sale in like new condition, please let me know.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422314755260.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1422314755260.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 63
It's a great knife. Alas I am keeping mine. I hope you can find one.

uploadfromtaptalk1422315264930.jpg

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

I understand that they make good knives but i can't bring myself to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a knife.

I got my Emissary for $140 from Knifeworks.com. Made other purchases too, great price and service from a small (relatively) dealer.

www.knifeworks.com

2013 price I guess, I don't see it listed for that now...

Last edited:
Update: got the email, my Emissary 3.5 shipped! Should arrive Thursday or possibly later due to the storm. Will let everyone know what I think. Btw: did I mention this weather sucks?

I gotta tell ya I bought a 530 Pardue not to long ago. Was my first benchmade. And I am not impressed. The thing has ton of blade play and is not smooth at all.

I gotta tell ya I bought a 530 Pardue not to long ago. Was my first benchmade. And I am not impressed. The thing has ton of blade play and is not smooth at all.

Contact Benchmade, see what they'll do. Honestly, I'm surprised. I have four now, I've given a couple more as gifts and I've never had a bad one in my hands.

Benchmade will refurb any knife that they make. They didn't come on the scene until 1988, but if your balisong was made by Benchmade they will refurb it. If it wasn't, you might contact them and see if they will do it for a reasonable price...never hurts to ask, and in my experience they have always been easy to deal with.

I definitely got it in the early to mid 80s because I carried it throughout high school. Manufacturer would be considered Pacific Cutlery from what I remember who later became Benchmade.

Back
Top Bottom