Benchmade Destroying Guns

Statement from Benchmade CEO. He's definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. No apology. This whole thing is a nothingburger to them. He supports 2A, but can bring himself to say "gun" or "firearm". Instead refers to them as "those things."

Jesus, that hack editing job. That video was cut up six ways from Sunday. Looks like an Adam F. Goldberg home video. Lol. Who thought this was a good idea? Let me guess, him being the CEO, he did. This company needs a good PR guy to step up and stop them from doing dumb shit.
The first rule of holes, applies here.

So I've bought 2 Benchmade knives over the years both were returned to BladeHQ cause they were wobbly pieces of shit right out of the box. I called Benchmade both times and both times "Send it back to this address". No sorry for the QC blunder, no prepaid label, nothing.

Like I bought a $200 dollar knife from you smucks that prolly cost $10 to make and this is your customer service. So yeah f*** em. We really need to stop giving these "Made in American" companies a pass. Make quality shit, and have good service.. cause there are 40 foreign companies that make better shit for 1/4 the price and I will gladly buy from them if your not going to give me SOMETHING for blowing all the extra money.

Surefire is another one. I bought an genuine XC1 from opticsplanet recently and the thing was complete trash. Flickering, button snapped off after 2 range trips. Same shit service and that was on my duty weapon... not even an apology. Now we find out they are contributing regularly to the DNC.. specifically Loretta Sanchez.

So I've bought 2 Benchmade knives over the years both were returned to BladeHQ cause they were wobbly pieces of shit right out of the box. I called Benchmade both times and both times "Send it back to this address". No sorry for the QC blunder, no prepaid label, nothing.

Like I bought a $200 dollar knife from you smucks that prolly cost $10 to make and this is your customer service. So yeah f*** em. We really need to stop giving these "Made in American" companies a pass. Make quality shit, and have good service.. cause there are 40 foreign companies that make better shit for 1/4 the price and I will gladly buy from them if your not going to give me SOMETHING for blowing all the extra money.

Surefire is another one. I bought an genuine XC1 from opticsplanet recently and the thing was complete trash. Flickering, button snapped off after 2 range trips. Same shit service and that was on my duty weapon... not even an apology. Now we find out they are contributing regularly to the DNC.. specifically Loretta Sanchez.

Yeah man, the $30 Kershaw/Emerson I bought off Amazon has been serving me just fine. Granted I don't masturbate to the idea of stabbing people with my pocket box cutter.

SF rustles my jimmies a bit. I do think they make some of the best rifle lights on the market, and I own a few. Plus I have a SOCOM RC2 waiting for me on a stamp I paid for in the spring. I am not going to swear them off because I have their shit already, but I will most likely try and look else where next time I need a rifle light or for my next can purchase.

Arisaka and Malkoff Devices did a pretty good job ripping them off, and I do like the smaller footprint better.

I bought an Al Mar and haven't looked back.

As far as Surefire it is hard to completely cut them out as they corner certain markets pretty well and I am not at the point yet where I won't buy any of their stuff. I will say every Streamlight product I or my agency uses has been perfectly serviceable.

I bought an Al Mar Sere and haven't looked back.

As far as Surefire it is hard to completely cut them out as they corner certain markets pretty well and I am not at the point yet where I won't buy any of their stuff. I will say every Streamlight product I or my agency uses has been perfectly serviceable.

In truth, I can't say I personally have had an issue with Streamlight, and now that the aftermarket is fixing the few issues I had, I am more and more interested in using them.

...Granted I don't masturbate to the idea of stabbing people with my pocket box cutter.
caddff1c030727d1d01e9b0760cceb2c.jpg

I was never into good expensive knives not that I wouldn’t mind spending the money on some quality but I’ve been rocking a Buck Trekker XLT for a while and I’m pretty happy with it actually.
Think it was 20 bucks

Attachments

• A3C6F885-1A9E-49A6-8802-E0BDDE7E94C8.jpeg
    A3C6F885-1A9E-49A6-8802-E0BDDE7E94C8.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 9A92B49C-2C68-414A-9650-E4F55C75ACFF.jpeg
    9A92B49C-2C68-414A-9650-E4F55C75ACFF.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 37
The companies that donated to Feinstien et. al. are in tough place. The real reason is "we have to support the winner no matter what since we want government contracts", however, one rule of the quid pro quo game is that the payoff from govt officials must be left unsaid. As in "I did not vote to rezone that land for condos because the developer donated to my campaign; I voted because it was better for the community than the shopping mall proposed by a developer who did not make a donation."

Last edited:
In a non-unrelated story, when I worked for a certain defense contractor who shall remain nameless, there was huge pressure for Directors and above to "join" the Company PAC. When I looked at who the PAC gave money to, I was appalled. No way was I giving money to that group, which included some of the most virulently anti-gun pols you can think of.

Uncle Ray.....?

Contact Us

Let them know how you feel....?

Me using the contact link: I was looking for a new knife to replace my older folder that was lost in the woods. After seeing the video from the local PD and what you were doing to firearms, I have decided that my next one won't be a Benchmade. You do realize that it'll be like England don't you? After the guns are banned, they'll come for the knives. No way I'm going to support someone who would willing destroy those items.

The audio on that presentation was terrible. With what is at stake, you'd think Benchmade would hire someone with something better than a cellcam or consumer grade camera to do the video. Also, they need a PR professional, not winging it as if explaining things from their point of view, rather than addressing concerns of the consumer base, will do the trick. They remind me of those who think that stating "you know I am right" it a legitimate debate technique.

They won't salvage this without some falling on their sword. As I suggested before a good start would be "we will not longer treat the police as special - if we can't sell it to you, we won't sell it to them."

The audio on that presentation was terrible. With what is at stake, you'd think Benchmade would hire someone with something better than a cellcam or consumer grade camera to do the video. Also, they need a PR professional, not winging it as if explaining things from their point of view, rather than addressing concerns of the consumer base, will do the trick. They remind me of those who think that stating "you know I am right" it a legitimate debate technique.

Just more proof that they don't make the best decisions.

Benchmade will be on Tom Gresham's show Sunday.

View attachment 270936

Gresham's not exactly the gun industry's version of investigative journalism. I expect this to be a puff-piece, with him throwing out softball questions, and at the end, concluding "Well, this is much ado about nothing, so knock off the boycott. Now, we'll be right back after this message from our sponsor, Benchmade Knives."

Benchmade will be on Tom Gresham's show Sunday.

View attachment 270936

Gresham's not exactly the gun industry's version of investigative journalism. I expect this to be a puff-piece, with him throwing out softball questions, and at the end, concluding "Well, this is much ado about nothing, so knock off the boycott. Now, we'll be right back after this message from our sponsor, Benchmade Knives."

Did anyone listen who can report on it?

Statement from Benchmade CEO. He's definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. No apology. This whole thing is a nothingburger to them. He supports 2A, but can bring himself to say "gun" or "firearm". Instead refers to them as "those things."

Board Members - "Our hole isn't deep enough"
CEO - "Hold my beer and watch this..."

I carry a $1.97 walmart Ozark brand.

This is what Benchmade did to the right of self defense.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

That video was a commercial, not an apologetic explanation.

Yeah, that's like "Benchmade to appear on fudd program" trying to convince geritol set that nothing is wrong....

Last year I bought a BM 'Saddle Mountain Skinner'. That will be my last BM but the money was already spent and it's a good blade for its purpose. I think I'll have to have etched 'BLOWS' under their logo so that I feel better about using the thing. :D

I could troll them with a nice write-up for the knife and of course provide a pic to go with the review. [devil]

Let's make sure every gun owner knows about this.... and choses to spend their money elsewhere!

It's been roughly one year since Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack took a controversial stance on guns, pulling high-capacity magazines from stores and halting the sale of firearms to anyone under 21 years old. Dick's Sporting Goods' decision marked one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. Retailers like Walmart and Kroger later followed.

On Monday, traveling to New York to accept the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy's "Force for Good Award," Stack says he doesn't think twice about the move. "We talk about it internally and I often say: If we had a mulligan, we'd do it all over again," he said.

In fact, Stack is doing even more to get behind his company's efforts last year. He, along with a handful of other CEOs, on Monday signed onto a letter sent to Congress in support of the HR8 background check bill. Background checks are something "both sides of the aisle can get behind it," Stack said.

He's also recently joined the Everytown Business Council arguing for gun safety across the U.S. And Dick's Sporting Goods continues to invest in Sports Matters, a business it created to fund youth sports scholarships.

[more]
1 year later, Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack still takes a tough stance on guns

Let's make sure every gun owner knows about this.... and choses to spend their money elsewhere!

It's been roughly one year since Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack took a controversial stance on guns, pulling high-capacity magazines from stores and halting the sale of firearms to anyone under 21 years old. Dick's Sporting Goods' decision marked one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. Retailers like Walmart and Kroger later followed.

On Monday, traveling to New York to accept the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy's "Force for Good Award," Stack says he doesn't think twice about the move. "We talk about it internally and I often say: If we had a mulligan, we'd do it all over again," he said.

In fact, Stack is doing even more to get behind his company's efforts last year. He, along with a handful of other CEOs, on Monday signed onto a letter sent to Congress in support of the HR8 background check bill. Background checks are something "both sides of the aisle can get behind it," Stack said.

He's also recently joined the Everytown Business Council arguing for gun safety across the U.S. And Dick's Sporting Goods continues to invest in Sports Matters, a business it created to fund youth sports scholarships.

[more]
1 year later, Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack still takes a tough stance on guns
So, why is the subject of a “Mulligan” even coming up.

So, why is the subject of a “Mulligan” even coming up.

Because he knows he effed up royally and their stock is worth almost half as much as it was in Feb 2017. I think if he had a time machine he'd swallow his pride and not be a dumbass again with his do-over.

Not sure if Benchmade is going to be able to absorb the damage as well as Dicks. They dont really cater to any other demographic. Not many soccer moms are in the market for Balisong knives.

I own two Troy rails. I am not buying any more Troy products but I am not throwing them in the trash. I don't own any Benchmade knives. I have almost purchased them in the past, but if I did, I would not throw them away. I own a Rock River lower utilized for a past build. The people who destroy their own stuff for spite make me LOL! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom