• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Destroying Guns

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

Benchmade Knife Co., Inc. on Instagram: “SEE OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department. - We apologize for the…”

SEE OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW

Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department.

We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.
-
Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.
-
When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement: “When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms.” -Benchmade

I don't remember what, but I think Lynn Thompson pissed off the Shot Show to the point where his company is banned 4ever.

As to Cold Steel - small thing, but they made good on a knife of mine that broke a spring. I still remember that.
I didn't have much time to speak with Lynn, but I knew his personal favorite handgun was, like mine, a .357 revolver. I told him I owned a stainless 4" Ruger GP100. He walked me to the right side of the building, away from the view of traffic, reached under his shirt and produced a S&W custom 7 round stainless .357 Magnum with custom grips and 5" barrel.

Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.
Can't have it both ways.

This is like saying "Acme is an unwavering supporter of both fair housing and of the ability of property owners to choose what races may rent in their buildings".

They would have avoided all fallout if they just told the PD "We cannot support a policy of destroying guns even if you wrote a memo to yourselves requiring it, and will not assist with this request."

You gotta be shittin' me. You think Benchmade leadership was all "we f'n hate guns, lets ask around and find some to cut up" because that is what the response here so far looks like.

Personally, I see it a different way. These guns had their death warrants signed already. Someone was going to permanently render them chunks of metal. Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.

Bunch of over emotional day ladies above.

No, I couldn't do it. There's a deeper purpose there. The choices you make define the person you are.

Benchmade, god damn. Sad shit that is.

Sure, they wanted to help the local PD so they had an intern use an angle grinder on the floor. Is that what that is? And they took a GD photo for social media. How nice.

Jesus that’s dumb.

As previously stated, they’d have been better off giving them a few hundred dollars to buy a chop saw and blade.
Or, you know, saying no pictures???? o_O

I’m truly impressed with the sheer stupidity displayed. Benchmade is big on using social media as a platform and not one person thought to say “hey po-po, we’ll do you a favor, but please don’t post this anywhere at anytime, ever, thanks”

Benchmade is shitting themselves knowing a lot of their customer base are non Fudd gun owners. Fact is they took their relationship with the local PD more important over defending the second amendment. Does Benchmade care about the Right to Keep and Bare Arms? No, they care about their business and they thought that showing they were "helping" the local PD in their duties and the retards who wave an American flag with the stupid Blue Line were gonna see it and think better of Benchmade.

It backfired, BIG time. Now there's proof that Benchmade donated a lot more to anti-gun Democrats, the original post was deleted after the backlash began in an attempt mitigate the damages, but it's too late so a presser was sent out and the company is in full damage control now.

Your product is already outrageously expensive, so what reasons do proud 2A supporters have to want to buy your knives now?

Further, why do the police need a manufacturing company to destroy guns? Are the cops so stupid in the Portland area that they don't know how to use an acetylene torch and an angle grinder or are they just typical lazy pigs? I got another question: Is this the first time Benchmade has "assisted" the Oregon PD in destroying firearms?

I would say Benchmade has a lot of explaining to do, but there's nothing that needs explaining because it's all clear to see. Benchmade, you've been exposed, you're anti gun, and you can join Rock River and Springfield Armory cuz you're done.

The police said "but it's okkkkkkkkkkkkkk guyzzzzzzzz theze were from a buy backkkkkkkkkkkk"

52486667_2302364736705625_3148959705192202240_n.jpg

52951133_2302364780038954_2390363653451808768_n.jpg

And Benchmade released a statement on Instagram

benchmadeknifecompany

Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department.
-
We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.
-
-
When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement: “When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms.” -Benchmade

Benchmade Knife Co., Inc. on Instagram: “SEE OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department. - We apologize for the…”

This link was posted about their past political donations.

Benchmade Knife Co: Total Contributions | OpenSecrets

Well this blows the "just this one-time misunderstanding" theory. Benchmade political contributions reflect 10x the contributions for D as R since 2010 and 100% D since 2014. Wish I had known this before buying a Benchmade two years ago.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.13.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.13.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.13.36 AM.png

Submitted under "Share your story or testimonial."

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.23.36 AM.png

Shame on you all for thinking a knife company would automatically be pro guns.
I don’t see to many businesses turning down helping the local PD .
I don’t agree with the destruction of them unless it’s some sort of law they have. ?

Funny bench made is in Oregon. As liberal/demo as you can get, if we start boycotting companies by way of this l stuff we will run out of companies fast.

Last edited:
You gotta be shittin' me. You think Benchmade leadership was all "we f'n hate guns, lets ask around and find some to cut up" because that is what the response here so far looks like.

Personally, I see it a different way. These guns had their death warrants signed already. Someone was going to permanently render them chunks of metal. Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.

Bunch of over emotional day ladies above.
It’s not that Benchmade said f*** guns, hell yeah destroy them! It’s the fact that this puts a very bad taste in the mouths of 99% of there customer base. I have a custom benchmade and it’s the best knife I ever have owned. I will be calling them today and telling them I will enjoy the knife I have and will not be purchasing from them anymore because we are in the fight of a lifetime with people who want to disarm us. That includes knives too. I will also be looking at other knife manufacturers to get my business. It’s not emotional to take a stand and say “sorry your actions and business plan is not in my best interest, see ya!”.

Shame on you all for thinking a knife company would automatically be pro guns.
I don’t see to many businesses turning down helping the local PD .
I don’t agree with the destruction of them unless it’s some sort of law they have. ?

If you’ve ever seen their instagram, they sell the gun angle pretty hard, so there’s definitely some irony here.
It’s chock full of “pocket dump” lineups with carry guns, Benchmade autos, super sweet fidget spinners and tactical nail clippers.

They’re getting flamed pretty hard in the comments section of the damage control instagram post. It’s awesome

Well this blows the "just this one-time misunderstanding" theory. Benchmade political contributions reflect 10x the contributions for D as R since 2010 and 100% D since 2014. Wish I had known this before buying a Benchmade two years ago.

View attachment 270442
View attachment 270443
View attachment 270444

Submitted under "Share your story or testimonial."

View attachment 270445
Ok time to ban organizations
I will start with a short list
Let’s just say I won’t be hiring any union workers if I can help it. Look into where the money goes and we are going to be sad.

They screwed up, presumably in a moment of thoughtlessness, because their ideological priorities aren’t in lockstep with the pro-2a crowd. If the folks calling the shots over there were more in tune they’d have stopped this before it started. They didn’t, so now it comes down to their carefully crafted response.

I like benchmade. They know they screwed up and I’m guessing they’ll never have anything to do with anti-gun stuff again after this. I’ll keep buying their stuff unless and until they do. This isn’t a Troy situation. They’re not beyond hope, and they don’t seem like they’d be susceptible to the Moms Against Everything crowd. Played right we might come out of this with a vocal 2a advocate on our side.

Last edited:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

-
-
Blah, blah, blah Bullshit

They screwed up, presumably in a moment of thoughtlessness, because their ideological priorities aren’t in lockstep with the pro-2a crowd. If the folks calling the shots over there were more in tune they’d have stopped this before it started. They didn’t, so now it comes down to their carefully crafted response.

I like benchmade. They know they screwed up and I’m guessing they’ll never have anything to do with anti-gun stuff again after this. I’ll keep buying their stuff unless and until they do. This isn’t a Troy situation. They’re not beyond hope, and they don’t seem like they’d be susceptible to the Moms Against Everything crowd. Played right we might come out of this with a vocal 2a advocate on our side.

Sorry I have to disagree. Their political contributions prove this was NOT a mistake. They are dead to me!! Looking forward to the you tube videos of their knives getting cut up!!

Sorry I have to disagree. Their political contributions prove this was NOT a mistake. They are dead to me!! Looking forward to the you tube videos of their knives getting cut up!!

I hadn’t seen that.

It’s idiocy to mix politics and business in this climate unless you know that the other side will never buy your product.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom