• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Destroying Guns

You gotta be shittin' me. You think Benchmade leadership was all "we f'n hate guns, lets ask around and find some to cut up" because that is what the response here so far looks like.

No. It’s more like whups we just did somehing stupid. Similar to a few of your posts lately.

Signed,

Day Lady

You gotta be shittin' me. You think Benchmade leadership was all "we f'n hate guns, lets ask around and find some to cut up" because that is what the response here so far looks like.

Personally, I see it a different way. These guns had their death warrants signed already. Someone was going to permanently render them chunks of metal. Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.

Bunch of over emotional day ladies above.
This is hyperbolic, but do you think the guards of the gulag should have said, "these political prisoners have their death warrants signed anyway. Someone was going to permanently render them dead. Let me get a piece of this action, not like anything is going to save them."

It's complicity. Someone else was going to destroy them, but I would have told them to pound sand.

I own a few of them - really like the axis lock. But I sent them an email to let them know I won’t be buying more from them. Just doesn’t strike me as very smart. How hard would it have been to tell the PD, “Sorry, no. Helping you out with this will piss off a lot of our customer base.” Pretty stupid on their part.

Personally, I see it a different way. These guns had their death warrants signed already. Someone was going to permanently render them chunks of metal. Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.

View: https://youtu.be/sw6ndZNLYUA

View attachment 270426 Someone just shared this link in the comments of the police department’s new post. Explains a lot, I think.

Benchmade Knife Co: Summary | OpenSecrets
Yes, Benchmade has a long history of supporting police: they enthusiastically sold automatics to "the special ones" while they were denied to the mundanes. Their stocking dealer requirements for automatics are ridiculous, because they want to keep the demand high, supply limited, and they don't want you to have one.

I fired off an email. I own a bunch of Benchmade knives. Great stuff. The pure optics of cutting up guns is just bad, anyway you slice it. Stupid decision on their part.
The conversation should have went like this:
Oregon PD: “Hey Benchmade, want to cut up some guns?”
Benchmade: F-off. Go get a chopsaw at Harbor Freight.

52602375_10218835214862143_864850016475283456_n.jpg

The gold I just found in the comments section

LOL! Looks like the fallout was enough to get the PD to pull the post off Facebook!
They will learn you can't unring a bell.
Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.
There is an analogy I could draw here, but even the reference could be considered tasteless so I won't do. Many will figure it out.

Also, it has been said a capitalist will sell you the rope used to hang him,

While I was b
Going the way of Dicks in 1...2...3....
While I was visiting my brother in Henderson, Nevada several years ago, we took a road trip to Ventura CA. Cold Steel was having a parking lot sale and we acquired a lot of superb cutlery at fair prices. I personally met Lynn Thompson and he is a true gentleman who owns many firearms and respects the Second Amendment rights of law abiding American citizens. I will only buy his products. Screw on the rest of the 2A traitors like Benchmade and their horrendously overpriced products.

I don't remember what, but I think Lynn Thompson pissed off the Shot Show to the point where his company is banned 4ever.

As to Cold Steel - small thing, but they made good on a knife of mine that broke a spring. I still remember that.

View attachment 270426 Someone just shared this link in the comments of the police department’s new post. Explains a lot, I think.

Benchmade Knife Co: Summary | OpenSecrets
The only reason they are "required to be destroyed" or as was explained in another PD buyback "there is a contractual obligation to destroy them" is because the PD set those up as terms.

--------------------

If Benchmade gets a chopsaw to run on 230v/50hz they can take their show on the road to London and help the constabulary destroy unwanted knives.

That is like me banging my best friend's ex-wife and then telling him someone's going to be banging her, why can't it be me.

Makes me feel better about carrying a Strider.

Last edited:
Sigh.... ZeroTolerance has a nice line of edc knives. Lol
Yep. ZT is my favorite AND pro-gun.

QsNa4yt.jpg

Benchmade went FR.

Troycott, or Die.

Redcoats. Their shit was garbage anyways, overpriced box cutters.

Pretty much. My HK Benchmade OTF is sharp but a $200 letter opener. ZT deserves the business anyways, Kershaw too.

Last edited:
Buy Emerson. I met Earnie. He's the nicest guy, a 2A guy, and you get the distinct impression he could kill you before you hit the ground.

Buy Emerson. I met Earnie. He's the nicest guy, a 2A guy, and you get the distinct impression he could kill you before you hit the ground.

Didn't Emerson have a scandal where he was ball washing "LE only training" or something like that I forget details but that was a long-ass time ago people probably have just forgotten about it by now boycott crew LOL....

I have a cqc-8 and it's a great knife but I am never buying another chisel grind knife... what a pain in the ball bag those things are... not easy to keep sharp.

I don't remember what, but I think Lynn Thompson pissed off the Shot Show to the point where his company is banned 4ever.

As to Cold Steel - small thing, but they made good on a knife of mine that broke a spring. I still remember that.

That wouldn't have had anything to do with people making fun of him from like cutting up ham hocks with a katana or walking shots into the Target on the ground with his Glock..... ? [rofl]

Sorry there's no getting around the fact that the Optics of this are pretty horrendous... basically any state that has a gun destruction policy is aninherently anti-gun policy..... and volunteering to hack the guns up is really shity optics , don't care who you are ... Celebrating the destruction of guns is anti bullshit. I think how they respond to this is more key than the action itself, though....

Back
Top Bottom