Ben Shapiro: Right-wing hero or opportunistic zero?

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like when he debates whacky libs, but sometimes he is way off on his thinking.
Like this?

Writing in October 2017, in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting, Shapiro argued that "banning all guns would be unwise as well as immoral," but "we must balance the need and right to firearms with public policy concerns, including the risk that a machine gun will be used in public." Shapiro suggested that policy makers "should look at ways of enforcing federal laws banning the sale of guns to the mentally ill."
In the years between the enactment of NFA 34 and the close on the machine gun registry, there were literally something like two crimes committed with NFA items. One was a bank job using an anti-tank rifle to bust open a safe and the other was one shooting with a MG. Not to mention his pro-ERPO line because who needs due process?

Good Gun Policy Starts With Reality

Win

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy hearing his perspectives. He is young and the mistakes he makes are mistakes of compulsion like many of us made in our younger days. I would anticipate that he will cut down on his mistakes as he gets more seasoning.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Like this?

In the years between the enactment of NFA 34 and the close on the machine gun registry, there were literally something like two crimes committed with NFA items. One was a bank job using an anti-tank rifle to bust open a safe and the other was one shooting with a MG. Not to mention his pro-ERPO line because who needs due process?

Good Gun Policy Starts With Reality
There's quite literally no one that agrees 100% with any of our positions on issues......

Even on NES where people are more like minded than other samplings of people there's massive disagreement on many/most issues.....even RKBA

As far as I'm concerned Shapiro may suck on ERPO and a couple of issues but on whole he moves the ball forward.......away from tyranny and leftist stupidity and towards liberty/freedom.

Daily Wire

Its hilarious how some folks on NES will go full retard on someone like Shapiro while giving Romney a total pass for the bullshit he shoved down peoples throats as gov in mAss and as Sen for Utah

EMTDAD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Exactly. He is better than 99% of the talking heads on the idiot box. Still a right wing hero. Nobody bats 1000. And I guarantee he’s one of the best recruiters we have among the kiddies.
true.. the other night I had it on when I picked up my 14yr old HS freshman... (that little guy in my profile pic has grown a bit) he's like "oh.. you're listening to Ben Shapiro".. I said.. "you know him".. he replied "yeah.. I listen to him all the time"...

I must be doing something right...

Cipher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
His milquetoast brand of conservatism bores me. If he wants to prove his superior debating skills he should try debating someone who isn't a dumb college lib. There are many right wing voices who want to challenge him.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
His milquetoast brand of conservatism bores me. If he wants to prove his superior debating skills he should try debating someone who isn't a dumb college lib. There are many right wing voices who want to challenge him.
I find him boring. I would probably agree with most of what he has to say, but... he's just so boring and as you say milquetoast that I don't want to bother. There's so many great choices out there to listen to for alternative media.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I listen to him daily, read his books etc.

I don’t agree with him 100% of the time but ultimately he’s one of the few conservatives out there appealing to people under the age of 40 for starters.

He is willing to debate and converse with just about anyone but nobody on the left (for the most part) is unwilling to take him up on it.

I like him, he’s fair and balanced for the most part and when needed holds others on the right accountable when they do something stupid as well. I especially enjoy how he points out the hypocrisy in the MSM on a daily basis.

IMO he’s one of the good guys.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like his logical style...he's really good at just dismantling the shit out of some lib's argument with usually flawless logic and no added fluff...kind of like Jordan Peterson. Shapiro's voice is kind of grating though.

cjmass

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Shapiro's high pitched Mickey Mouse like voice sounds to me like he has been inhaling helium. He also machine guns out his thoughts and talks much too fast for my liking. I prefer someone with a good set of pipes who lays out his thoughts in a thoughtful contemplative manner, like Michael Savage and Mark Levin. However, to each his own!

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ben Shapiro = Enemy.

The most interesting result thus far has been the meltdown by Ben Shapiro last week, which was so bad he had to pull it from his YouTube channel. The comments were full of young people mocking him. Shapiro is probably the smartest of the con-men deployed by Conservative Inc., but he is also the most thin-skinned. Any push-back is met with a childish tantrum. Like Charlie Kirk, it suggests he is a hothouse flower, carefully protected by his handlers, in order to maintain the charade.

If you pay attention to his act, what comes through is he has a deep, subconscious hatred of white people. Take for example his promotion of the dubious claim that European civilization is defined by Judeo-Christian tradition. For most of Western history, Christianity and Judaism were at odds. In the early medieval period, Jews and Christians competed for converts. When the term Judeo-Christian came into use in the 17th and 18th century, it was as a Pauline pejorative against Catholicism.

Putting aside the history, what he is doing is rewriting the European past in order to make it dependent on his religious and ethnic traditions. You can have your Christianity, as long as it is accepting of Jews, which neuters the theologically. You can also have your Western chauvinism, as long as you make sure Jews are central characters in the narrative. Ben Shapiro’s view of Western civilization is colonial, as if he is allowing white people to have some conditional cultural heritage.

This becomes clear when Shapiro says “white civilization is nonsensical.” He says that “civilization is defined by culture, history and philosophy.” He is divorcing what he calls Western civilization from the people who created it. Like his sleight of hand swapping out Catholicism from the heart of European history, he is turning Western civilization into a gift inexplicably granted to the people of Europe. It is not something European people created, but something they received, like hitting the lottery.

There is an obvious implication to this train of thought. If white people are just lucky recipients of civilization, then they are not really deserving of it. This would explain Shapiro’s love for non-white immigration. Why shouldn’t everyone get a taste of this civilization thing? It’s only fair. When he says “he does not give a good damn about the so-called browning of America,” he is not entirely honest. In fact, he really cares, as he is in total support of it as an act of retributive justice.

You can never know what is in someone’s heart and it is entirely possible that Shapiro has not thought through any of this. It is increasingly clear that he is clever, but not a deep thinker. He possesses a vermin-like rapacity that is often mistaken for smart and ambitious in this degraded age. His act is therefore about presenting himself as a smart guy, who just happens to agree with an audience desperate to throw money at anyone showing them some respect. He’s just working the suckers.

Either way, the fact that these guys have no prepared responses to these questions has some larger implications. It is important the keep in mind that the same people bankrolling Shapiro and Kirk and all the rest are also bankrolling versions of these guys on the Left. Both sides of the Progressive morality play are financed by the same amorphous donor class that also underwrites the Imperial Capital. These morality plays are always the product of the Cloud People to control the Dirt People.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I find Steven Crowder way more interesting and entertaining.
I like both for different reasons......

Crowder is good on the issues and massively entertaining

Shapiro generally speaking has very good success politely decimating his opponents arguments.....he's a very good debater

meh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Neither. Ben's just this guy, you know?

He's a good debater. He's got his own opinions. He's not a "team player". If you are team-oriented and not very good at thinking about things in a rational, detached way, you'll probably end up hating him sooner or later for being a "traitor" as soon as one of his opinions disagrees with what the team is supposed to believe. He was a dick to Milo, and not in the ways Milo likes it. I find Ben's voice less than soothing, to say the least. He's useful for insights and debate tactics. He's not a conservative leader or hero of any sort. He's just this guy.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ben Shapiro = Enemy.

The most interesting result thus far has been the meltdown by Ben Shapiro last week, which was so bad he had to pull it from his YouTube channel. The comments were full of young people mocking him. Shapiro is probably the smartest of the con-men deployed by Conservative Inc., but he is also the most thin-skinned. Any push-back is met with a childish tantrum. Like Charlie Kirk, it suggests he is a hothouse flower, carefully protected by his handlers, in order to maintain the charade.

If you pay attention to his act, what comes through is he has a deep, subconscious hatred of white people. Take for example his promotion of the dubious claim that European civilization is defined by Judeo-Christian tradition. For most of Western history, Christianity and Judaism were at odds. In the early medieval period, Jews and Christians competed for converts. When the term Judeo-Christian came into use in the 17th and 18th century, it was as a Pauline pejorative against Catholicism.

Putting aside the history, what he is doing is rewriting the European past in order to make it dependent on his religious and ethnic traditions. You can have your Christianity, as long as it is accepting of Jews, which neuters the theologically. You can also have your Western chauvinism, as long as you make sure Jews are central characters in the narrative. Ben Shapiro’s view of Western civilization is colonial, as if he is allowing white people to have some conditional cultural heritage.

This becomes clear when Shapiro says “white civilization is nonsensical.” He says that “civilization is defined by culture, history and philosophy.” He is divorcing what he calls Western civilization from the people who created it. Like his sleight of hand swapping out Catholicism from the heart of European history, he is turning Western civilization into a gift inexplicably granted to the people of Europe. It is not something European people created, but something they received, like hitting the lottery.

There is an obvious implication to this train of thought. If white people are just lucky recipients of civilization, then they are not really deserving of it. This would explain Shapiro’s love for non-white immigration. Why shouldn’t everyone get a taste of this civilization thing? It’s only fair. When he says “he does not give a good damn about the so-called browning of America,” he is not entirely honest. In fact, he really cares, as he is in total support of it as an act of retributive justice.

You can never know what is in someone’s heart and it is entirely possible that Shapiro has not thought through any of this. It is increasingly clear that he is clever, but not a deep thinker. He possesses a vermin-like rapacity that is often mistaken for smart and ambitious in this degraded age. His act is therefore about presenting himself as a smart guy, who just happens to agree with an audience desperate to throw money at anyone showing them some respect. He’s just working the suckers.

Either way, the fact that these guys have no prepared responses to these questions has some larger implications. It is important the keep in mind that the same people bankrolling Shapiro and Kirk and all the rest are also bankrolling versions of these guys on the Left. Both sides of the Progressive morality play are financed by the same amorphous donor class that also underwrites the Imperial Capital. These morality plays are always the product of the Cloud People to control the Dirt People.
MEH.

The guy who made that video comes across as bitter to me more than anything else.

His views on Judeo-Christian values being the foundation for Western Civilization isn't something he hides, he wrote an entire book on it. The whole he hates white people is completely out of left-field, he has openly stated many times he is for a free market exchange of labor. You can disagree with what he says without characterizing it into something it isn't.

Reactions: meh
Top Bottom