belt for OWB carry

I recently got two belts from Andy here on NES. They're some of the nicest belts I've ever owned.

theres these amish belt in the equipment subforum, take a loot

I have one of them with a bianchi 57 but i mainly use it for the range. hides pretty well just need a longer tshirt or over shirt

Depends on what you're doing. Is this just for daily carry? Shooting classes? Etc

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

It depends on your definition of breaking the bank is. I've been wearing Wal-mart quality belts for years for IWB and OWB. I've been reading for a long time that if I went for a quality gun belt it would be like night and day. So a few weeks ago I ordered a horsehide belt from thebeltman.net for $86 after military discount. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

It depends on your definition of breaking the bank is. I've been wearing Wal-mart quality belts for years for IWB and OWB. I've been reading for a long time that if I went for a quality gun belt it would be like night and day. So a few weeks ago I ordered a horsehide belt from thebeltman.net for $86 after military discount. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I think you will find a big difference with a good gun belt. I know I did. Much more comfortable. The gun and holster stays in place, the weight is more evenly distributed around your waist, and I don't have to constantly hitch up my pants on one side.

I'm going to buy a new gun belt and the old one will get used for a work belt. It's that comfortable and useful. No more WalMart belts for me.

I think you will find a big difference with a good gun belt. I know I did. Much more comfortable. The gun and holster stays in place, the weight is more evenly distributed around your waist, and I don't have to constantly hitch up my pants on one side.

I'm going to buy a new gun belt and the old one will get used for a work belt. It's that comfortable and useful. No more WalMart belts for me.

This is what I look forward to most.

I bought two belts from the beltman over 5 years ago. I wear one of them every day and they are comfortable and worth every penny.

I've been wanting to get another one, but these never seem to wear out. I'll see how they do in another 5 years

I recommend 1 1/2" instead of 1 3/4". Dress pants and many jeans only have belt loops that can fit up to 1 1/2" belts. You will likely find 1 1/2" the most popular size for holsters (especially if you buy 2nd hand).

I have a Milt Spark Cowhide, then bought two belts from Andy here. The Milt Sparks belt is curved-cut, double-thickness and overall a bit nicer. Andy's belts are well made too. Funny thing is that I have one Sparks holster that has the loop so tight that I cannot pull their belt through so I can only use Andy's belt for it.

I rotate the two belts a bit. Leather goods, like shoes, tend to last a longer if you give them some rest between uses.

Back
Top Bottom