• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bellyband holsters

I'm looking for an option that doesnt require me buying pants a size larger and not ankle. Anyone have experience with bellybands? Are they crap?

The solution I used to get around buying new pants was to lose weight [laugh]

I don't think bellybands are crap in terms of quality. I do think they're crap in terms of draw speed and concealability. But like anything else in the gun world, it's a personal choice. Anything can be made effective if you train at it.

They are a "deep cover" holster and not for quick access. They are well made and hold small pistols securely. I own 2 but do not wear them regularly. I prefer my EDC holsters for my large guns.

If you have the option of wearing a button down shirt daily I would suggest one of these or similar.

Sleeveless Holster Shirt For Men | 5.11 Tactical

This. I wear mine very often, carrying my Sig P229 and two spare mags.

I read up on a few different makers of similar setups about 2 years ago. I remember people saying one brand was particularly itchy at the seams but can't remember which brand it was. How do you guys feel about that one?

I have this. It showed up in the mail about a week ago, I've been waiting since May.
I want to get some more experience with it before I write a full out review but so far I am very impressed. It is not the be all say all to every CCW problem but it is definitely a good option in my opinion. I will be sure to add more specific details soon.

I have this. It showed up in the mail about a week ago, I've been waiting since May.
I want to get some more experience with it before I write a full out review but so far I am very impressed. It is not the be all say all to every CCW problem but it is definitely a good option in my opinion. I will be sure to add more specific details soon.

This looks really nice

Back
Top Bottom