• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Belly holster? .38 Bodyguard revolver

That looks nice but you would need to buy 5 of them unless your going to wash it everyday or have your chest smell like your feet.

I wear a white t-shirt under my dress shirt. I'd wear it over the tshirt. that would prevent the stank from constant skin on fabric.

I bought a cheap one to try out. Works very well with my old Model 60. I've used it with the snubby, makarov, a derringer and a compact 1911. Hides well under a t-shirt, when t shirt was tucked in, only printed with the 1911.

A couple other benefits are: helps support a bad back, and helps hide a gut.

Up close and personal with the smartcarry. take some getting used to?

It sure did take some getting used to. I keep a Smith 360PD loaded with .357 mag 130Gr GDHPs. Way more comfortable than IWB carry on the hip IMO, esp as far as driving for extended periods goes.

LOL, I own almost everything mentioned in this thread, including the BG38 which I am "pocket carrying" in my pajama pants right now. +1 for Smartcarry. Yeah, takes some getting used to for obvious reasons but it's a great option. The only situation I've discovered so far that it doesn't work well for is bike riding, again for obvious reasons. That said, the Smartcarry holds my G26 and a spare mag just as easily, so I don't use it much for the BG38.

I got a 5.11 holster shirt for Christmas and have worn it once, with the G26 and a spare mag on the other side, while driving go-karts. It's good quality, was comfortable wearing it and provides another good option when quicker-access things won't work. Tip for the OP: the holster shirt needs to be really snug in order to hold the gun well. Putting it on over a T-shirt wouldn't work very well. The T-shirt would roll up underneath it and be intolerable.

I got my wife one of those Flashbang holsters for Christmas. I figured she would think of it as a gimmick and toss it in a drawer, but she's actually interested in trying it. The jury is out.

And I have seriously looked at the kangaroo carrier a couple of time. Doesn't look like very good quality, but then again I've never handled one. I have other options that will fit the same bill, a couple of them mentioned above.

Kangaroo is interesting but i wear a shirt and tie all day so that would be tough to be efficient. still not sure i want a .38 pointed at the family jewels.

I physically can't get the trigger to actuate in DA mode with my finger through the fabric of the smart carry. Way safer than a cheapo bianchi or blackhawk fabric holster.

Back
Top Bottom