• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Before you stock in the next 10,000 rounds of ammo, maybe you should stop and think.

This is how I know the apocalypse is coming, you buying the skinflint round....

[laugh]

That Glock 44 don't feed itself.... [rofl] although according to the pundits its supposed to blow up, and it hasn't happened yet.... I'm still drafting my letter to Glock INC demanding a refund because I didn't get the kaboom everyone was advertising.

I actually was sort of jonesing for a 10/22 today but funds did not allow... im babysitting one anyways, if I really had the urge.... [laugh]

[rofl] so true. Mike buying 22 is bizarre. I heard he carries a Sig Mosquito so maybe he bought some mini mags.

Ammo supply will catch up over time for sure.

It's funny, I've read so many critical postings re the Sig Mosquito here. We must have a unicorn one. I bought my wife one probably about 8 years ago because she wanted a full size pistol with "normal" controls chambered in .22. I bought one from a friend who swore it worked, and I ran a couple different types of ammo through it. Settled on a round that's "optimized for the AR-22", and it's run flawlessly ever since.

And since it's purple - she named it "Barney".

We're going to the range in an hour or two - maybe we'll take it with us - it hasn't been out of the safe in a couple of years.

It's funny, I've read so many critical postings re the Sig Mosquito here. We must have a unicorn one.
You aren't the only one. Mine's fine too. It's a later production one that came with two springs depending on which .22 LR ammo you prefer (I prefer Mini-Mags). Like your wife, I wanted a full-size pistol in .22, not a toy-like SR22 or similar. But bad reputations tend to live on long after a problem has been identified and resolved. Such is life.

At least you guys have guns that work most of the rest of the world has written those things off a long time ago... I know several dealers that wouldn't even buy them and absolutely refuse to take them in on trades. They're probably not far off from the Para Warthog in terms of being one of the worst guns ever manufactured in the past couple of decades. there are lots of High Point and Taurus products that I would much rather have before touching one of those things... 🤣

I know several dealers that wouldn't even buy them and absolutely refuse to take them in on trades.
I remember that Carl wouldn't carry or sell them brand new... [laugh] ... although that didn't stop him from selling used ones (albeit for chump change). I had to go to Collector's Gallery for mine. At the time, despite it being in the middle of a .22 LR drought, they instructed you rather firmly to use Mini-Mags only and then they would sell you one 300-pack from under the counter with each gun. [thumbsup]

At least you guys have guns that work most of the rest of the world has written those things off a long time ago... I know several dealers that wouldn't even buy them and absolutely refuse to take them in on trades. They're probably not far off from the Para Warthog in terms of being one of the worst guns ever manufactured in the past couple of decades. there are lots of High Point and Taurus products that I would much rather have before touching one of those things... 🤣

We did take it to the range yesterday. My wife ran about 70 rounds through it before she swapped to her HonorGuard and then her SigP320. All of them ran flawlessly.

Like a lot of 22's, it's picky about the ammo it runs. This one likes CCI's "AR Tactical", (side note - how do you even use "AR Tactical" and "22" in the same sentence?); and I've got about 800 rounds of it sitting on the shelf specifically for that gun.

1595842889514.png

We did take it to the range yesterday. My wife ran about 70 rounds through it before she swapped to her HonorGuard and then her SigP320. All of them ran flawlessly.

Like a lot of 22's, it's picky about the ammo it runs. This one likes CCI's "AR Tactical", (side note - how do you even use "AR Tactical" and "22" in the same sentence?); and I've got about 800 rounds of it sitting on the shelf specifically for that gun.

View attachment 375902

Looks like re-branded "high velocity" stuff.

My son was up north in the doomies and stopped at a mom and pop store. They had a few boxes of Geo? 38 frangible bullets. Said locals didn't seem to like the COLOR (red) so they have had them a while. He bought all 9 boxes for 12 a pop. Early b-day gift . Any one ever use them? I figure good enough for putting holes in paper. Stash

Last edited:
It's funny, I've read so many critical postings re the Sig Mosquito here. We must have a unicorn one. I bought my wife one probably about 8 years ago because she wanted a full size pistol with "normal" controls chambered in .22. I bought one from a friend who swore it worked, and I ran a couple different types of ammo through it. Settled on a round that's "optimized for the AR-22", and it's run flawlessly ever since.

And since it's purple - she named it "Barney".

We're going to the range in an hour or two - maybe we'll take it with us - it hasn't been out of the safe in a couple of years.

🤔

Maybe it runs flawlessly because you never use it.

Back
Top Bottom