Beer

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just finished bottling first batch. Two more weeks and it'll be ready for drinking.
Siphoning was a bit tough, I've heard of an auto siphon but haven't looked into it, might need to get one if I keep going.
Auto siphon makes it much easier. I just got back into home brewing last Fall after about a 25 year hiatus. Man, have things changed. Most of my brewing has been with the Brew Club at the Shriners, but I just bought a kegerator and I will try kegging (except right now its filled with Treehouse). It is sure easier than bottles.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
HUGE score today. The training instructor I had in Springfield this week, gave me all of this beer for FREE. He was overflowing with beer and was glad to give it a good home
Never even heard of most of these breweries. But I’m excited to tap into them.
View attachment 280651
Holy fvck!

I've never heard of having TOO MUCH beer on hand.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
HUGE score today. The training instructor I had in Springfield this week, gave me all of this beer for FREE. He was overflowing with beer and was glad to give it a good home
Never even heard of most of these breweries. But I’m excited to tap into them.
View attachment 280651
wtf, we need a beer redistribution program..."no honest man needs more than ten beers"

Picked up some of this on the way home to try (Toppling Goliath):

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I went to Trillium in Canton yesterday for the first time. My buddy works right near there,so I have tried a few different beers from them.

Went to the pours and got some really expensive chocolate truffle pecan stout beer,not really sure what else was in it,but it did start with chocolate. It was just about the best stout I have ever had. All the flavors were intense and the scariest thing is I didnt even taste the alcohol which was supposedly 13%.

Best $12.00 I ever spent on an 8oz pour.

I wish they bottled it,I would have spent some serious cash on 12 or 20 bottles.

Looked it up,although they didnt have bottles when I was there

Chocolate Pistachio Bark — Trillium Brewing Company

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I went to Trillium in Canton yesterday for the first time. My buddy works right near there,so I have tried a few different beers from them.

Went to the pours and got some really expensive chocolate truffle pecan stout beer,not really sure what else was in it,but it did start with chocolate. It was just about the best stout I have ever had. All the flavors were intense and the scariest thing is I didnt even taste the alcohol which was supposedly 13%.

Best $12.00 I ever spent on an 8oz pour.

I wish they bottled it,I would have spent some serious cash on 12 or 20 bottles.

Looked it up,although they didnt have bottles when I was there

Chocolate Pistachio Bark — Trillium Brewing Company
Someday I'll try Trillium and Treehouse...never made it. My wife did yoga at Night Shift once; never been to their Everett loc but I've tried a bunch of their offerings even though they don't distribute here in NH. Since I moved up here I try to support NH breweries.

My first homebrew beer will be ready tomorrow, bringing it to Easter Sunday. I'll be brewing a NEIPA after that.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This thread has been quiet! Anyone heading to Spyglass today?

Mac
Now that Easter's passed, maybe Ron will be back in action.
My Spyglass growlers still have a porter I brewed a few weeks ago; not drinking anything this weekend anyway since I will be doing an Appleseed.

I get a four pack of Woodstock's Mosaic Papaya, and it has been pretty good.

MacNH

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard Double Helix is back. The Smokehaus is also pouring it so that’s another option.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I heard Double Helix is back. The Smokehaus is also pouring it so that’s another option.
I wanted to try Double Helix. I think the last time I was there was March 15, although two of those weekends I was away.

Pretty soon it'll be time to start grilling in earnest, and some nice brews would be good. I think I'd like to try to brew a lager.

Toppling Goliath's offering I had, Hopsmack I think, was good as well.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Now that Easter's passed, maybe Ron will be back in action.
My Spyglass growlers still have a porter I brewed a few weeks ago; not drinking anything this weekend anyway since I will be doing an Appleseed.

I get a four pack of Woodstock's Mosaic Papaya, and it has been pretty good.
Ha! I've discovered Scotch....

I may head over next week for a fill up.

Top Bottom