Beer

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Seems like each time I go, it's a little more crowded. That's both a good and a concerning thing.
This. I try to sneak in at 3:55. John usually opens the door for me, but this time there was already a line. Someone got them to open at like 3:30.

I try to get there early, if not I end up holding up everything. They need to get a more efficient system going in there for serving....

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's no one definitive amount of alcohol that everyone can safely consume on a regular basis and be "fine." Women are recommended to have no more than one drink a day, men two a day. In France, for both sexes, it's three a day. Spanish Basque country? Seven a day.

How much alcohol is too much?

Are You Drinking Too Much? The Myth Of Moderation

The Founding Fathers drank and many lived into their 70s, 80s, and 90s. John Adams woke up with a 4oz "gill" of hard cider every morning and drank anything possible, from beer to wine to rum, and lived to be 90. Thomas Jefferson thought that drinking wine would solve America's then dependence on whisky, was America's first real wine expert, and died at 83. Ben Franklin also drank anything that had an ABV and decided to join a revolution as a senior citizen.

The worst thing about articles like that one is they don't even define what a pint is. A pint is 16 American liquid ounces (473mL) or 20 British imperial ounces (568mL). Most American beer, "macrobeer", comes in 11.something ounce cans and bottles. Different places will give you either 12 ounce pours or actual 16 ounce pint pours. Foreign beer comes in 350mL or 500mL bottles or cans. So people write these articles and say one extra pint can take time off your life, yet they just say "no more than five standard glasses of wine or beer" and just define the standard drink as 100 grams of alcohol a week. I'll be sure to notate how many grams of alcohol I consume a night... [rofl2]

bigred460

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been wanting to like the beer from Powder Hollow Brewing from Hazardville, CT. This is their Scottish Ale and it is exceptionally average. A bit of galvanized pail on the tongue with pretty much no aftertaste.
Boring.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good brewery in CT.? I haven't found one yet.
View attachment 269534
Many in CT, Connecticut Valley, Two Roads, Broad Brook, Black Hog, T. Hooker, to name a couple. On a side note, it doesn't look like your glass is beer clean.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I hear ya. Nothing pisses me off more than picking up a few 4-packs and they suck. So, I’ll be heading back to Spyglass.
That's the worst.

my buddy is rolling through a shit tonne of cans right now. I'm pretty content. After Ash Wednesday I'll buy new releases from Spyglass, but they have to sit until Easter. The longest I've had a growler sit was 3 weeks, it was my vacuum sealed 64oz, and it didn't change the taste profile (very much) and was not flat....

I was first in line tonight, a few minutes early and they opened for me. And then there was 20 people at the door, so they unlocked at 3:55. I don't think VJ was happy..... LOL.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yikes.
Going to need a deli counter ticket system soon.
Feels like they're quickly outgrowing their order fulfillment configuration; either that or they need a better system than "line out the door across the middle of the room."
I don't know if opening more days per week would help. I'm not in NH until after they close on Thursdays, so Fri/Sat are my only options.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Yikes.
Going to need a deli counter ticket system soon.
Feels like they're quickly outgrowing their order fulfillment configuration; either that or they need a better system than "line out the door across the middle of the room."
I don't know if opening more days per week would help. I'm not in NH until after they close on Thursdays, so Fri/Sat are my only options.
I agree. I'd love an online system where I could input:

- 32 oz growler swap
- 1 Vortex
- 1 Vortex
- 1 DDH Mosaic
- 1 Aurora
- Pick up time - 5pm

Pay online

Walk in w/ticket and empties, walk out with refills.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
That's basically leftover yeast and other stuff from the brewing process. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Treehouse leaves their beers (IPAs at least...) unfiltered.
Its the product of natural carbonation. The left over yeast cells are very high in B Vitamins and very healthy for you. B Vitamins can also help prevent hangovers.

Top Bottom