Beer

william_munny

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Which reminds me. Check out Untappd, it's a site that let's you keep track of beer you've tried. You can rate beers, get recommendations, add beer to a wish list, and check out what your friends are drinking. They have a smartphone app and everything. My name on there is mancubuszero.

Kicker96FS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

I was heartbroken when I found out that this is a ms-quote of Benjamin Franklin.

What he did supposedly say was this:
Morellet in 1779, is what Benjamin Franklin actually did say:

Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
Personally, I will stick to the ms-quote!

[cheers]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[smile]
I gave my neighbor one of my home brews. He said "This is great stuff, what do you call it?" I said "Dog Slobber Ale". He asked, "Why do you call it that?" My reply was, "You don't want to really know, do you?" He still drinks it, but doesn't ask questions anymore. [smile]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We call one of our homebrews Black Stool Porter. Partly in honor of the black folding stool we stand on when adding the grains & sparging, but mostly...

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds almost like the microbrew at the Eaglebrook Saloon at Rte. 1A in Norfolk:
Dog's Breath[thinking]
Juergan, I live very close to The Eaglebrook Saloon. In the Spring, they offer a Watermelon brew that my daughter used to like.

P.S. The reason it's dog slobber is if I spill anything when bottling, my dog is on it like a shot from a laser. [grin]

lupis42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Tony2Times

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Has anyone tried the new Sam Adams Infinium? They partnered with one of the oldest brewery Weihenstephan. I sell it but no one has been picking at it!

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Has anyone tried the new Sam Adams Infinium? They partnered with one of the oldest brewery Weihenstephan. I sell it but no one has been picking at it!
As much as I have loved and will always love Sam Adams for their Boston Lager, and as solid as some of their other offerings are, they always seem to disappoint when they go off on these sorts of brewing adventures.

I saw the infinium at my local place and passed it up based on the price alone. Based on some of the reviews it's getting, I think it was the right move.

drumenigma

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beer is yummy. I had a slightly aged Southern Tier oak aged Unearthly last night. The oak does seem to suck up some of the hop flavors though which is a bummer for an IPA. I find IPA's are always best drank as fresh as possible as the hop flavors start going away.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been drinking a bunch of Anchor's 2011 christmas ale, it's phenomenal this year.

Got some double bags in the fridge. Gave away my triple bag to a friend who was pining for it, only to find out he got 12 bottles for christmas. CURSES!

Top Bottom