Been to Any Good Cemeteries in New Hampshire Lately?

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I told my family to just bring me down to the canal and roll me in on an outgoing tide. Honestly just cremate me up throw my ashes into the ocean.

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That is something I did not know. What an amazing body of knowledge we have here.
Looks like everything is free, too.
I want to get a roll of labels just to put on boxes when shipping.

Yep most from the postal store is free. I order priority mail boxes from them all the time for selling stuff online.

Armory1903

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Buried my Dad in Laconia by Paugus Bay. Looked for a good place that was close to the big lake given how much time we've enjoyed up there. There are plenty of nice spots.

By the way, in researching where to bury Dad, I discovered that the Invisible Man is buried in Moultonborough. Who knew.

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
While, hopefully, we're talking about the distant future, I would strongly prefer not to have Massachusetts be my final resting place. Therefore, I'd be curious to know if any NESers out there might have recommendations on any cemeteries in New Hampshire worth being given consideration. Somewhere not too far from the Lakes Region would be ideal but not essential. Also, I realize residency in a town or village may be necessary in order to be eligible to buy a plot but such details can be addressed in the future. So, if you've had an occasion to visit any local cemeteries in New Hampshire that struck you has being peaceful and well maintained, please respond to this post or send me a PM to pass along your suggestions. Thanks!
Nothing will be peaceful or well-maintained 1, 10, or 100 years from now. Stop worrying about trivialities and plan to die with your boots on.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
62   1   0
If you live in MA when you die, or die in MA, your relatives may have to get special permission to move your body to NH for burial.
You need special permits ($$) to move a dead body from one state to another. My MIL died in FL and was buried in MA, so my SIL had to deal with all that.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I think it's in Troy... Mountain View Cemetery? It is beautiful and overlooks Monadnock. I have no idea if they are accepting new tenants though.

Top Bottom