• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Been Offline for a While...But this is RIDICULOUS!

A few weeks ago I tried placing an order from Midway USA and I couldn't checkout because the checkout page kept reloading the same information and never advanced. I just thought this was a website error and decided I'd give it a little time to work out and try again later.

Later just happend, and the same issue came up when I tried ordering 1000 shotshell wads and a Rem Choke for my 870. I called. They explained to me that they couldn't complete the order because its ILLEGAL for them to ship any COMPONENTS TO MA....

WHAT THE F! When did this happen? And more importantly how do I get around this BS! Thanks

A few weeks ago I tried placing an order from Midway USA and I couldn't checkout because the checkout page kept reloading the same information and never advanced. I just thought this was a website error and decided I'd give it a little time to work out and try again later.

Later just happend, and the same issue came up when I tried ordering 1000 shotshell wads and a Rem Choke for my 870. I called. They explained to me that they couldn't complete the order because its ILLEGAL for them to ship any COMPONENTS TO MA....

WHAT THE F! When did this happen? And more importantly how do I get around this BS! Thanks

They've explicitly told me before they don't ship components to MA. I can't order primers, brass, bullets etc.

It's been atleast 2-3 years since I have gotten any components from them.

A few years anyway. I did the same thing you did. What pissed me off was that the site didn't tell me why the checkout wasn't working. WTF? Why not at least link to a page that says, "Sorry, your AG threatened to sue us so we no longer ship to Mass"?

Oh, and there's no "e" in ridiculous.

Sorry Eddie, I was too heated to spell check haha....

I swear I've ordered from them before and definitely within the last couple years. So thats what its come to, they can't go after guns as effectively anymore, so they are going after ammo and reloading components?

I just don't understand why?? I can order a Rem Choke, and most parts, but a little piece of molded plastic is forbidden..

The wizards on Bacon Hill seem to think that restricting ammo components will keep the number of drive-bys and murders down in the inner city. We have obviously been targeted by these wizards as the primary source of ammo components to street thugs and mental defectives.
Can you see it? A Blood in a dark cellar cranking out ammo on his Dillon 1050 and MEC reloaders.

Last edited:
I have an office in NH. They very happily ship it there.

First outfit I ran into this with was cheaperthandirt.

A few years anyway. I did the same thing you did. What pissed me off was that the site didn't tell me why the checkout wasn't working. WTF? Why not at least link to a page that says, "Sorry, your AG threatened to sue us so we no longer ship to Mass"?

Oh, and there's no "e" in ridiculous.

I did the same thing before I fully knew about the whole Midway USA/MA AG debacle. It pissed me off as well, because nowhere on their site did it state no ammo shipments to MA. I finally had to call them and in a rare outburst, (I'm usually polite), I told them to F-off...

Legal fees "in a foreign land" with an uncertain outcome (i.e. MA judges don't believe in UCC and true "interstate commerce") makes it financially a losing proposition.

The wizards on Bacon Hill seem to think that ammo components will keep the number of drive-bys and murders down in the inner city. We have obviously been targeted by these wizards as the primary source of ammo components to street thugs and mental defectives.
Can you see it? A Blood in a dark cellar cranking out ammo on his Dillon 1050 and MEC reloaders.

+1

It is well documented that 97% of all gun toting gang members started out shooting Skeet and Sporting Clays.

Nothing good comes from possession of shotshell wads.

Have you considered Knitting?

It's weird. When I ordered some hi-cap mags online and they showed up at my door, for a second I thought maybe I was getting away with something illegal.

Goes to show you how Mass. conditions people with their obtuse laws.

Last edited:
It is well documented that 97% of all gun toting gang members started out shooting Skeet and Sporting Clays.

Nothing good comes from possession of shotshell wads.

Have you considered Knitting?

I may have to go to knitting... [looks up provisions needed to get a NID Card in MA... Needle Identification Card] Well... Nice knowing all of you... I'll be starting NEK.com shortly.. Ridiculous (thanks Eddie, learn something new every day haha)

Hi, Have you given any thought to using a shipping address in RI like the UPS store or Mailboxes Etc?

I think you can usually ship to there for an extra $5 without having an account.

I've thought about trying this for ammo.

David

I have an apt in NJ and I'm down here right now. If you want to ship them here, I can bring them up to MA in time for Thanksgiving. I live in Mansfield so I'm close by.

Hi, Have you given any thought to using a shipping address in RI like the UPS store or Mailboxes Etc?

I think you can usually ship to there for an extra $5 without having an account.

I've thought about trying this for ammo.

David

Tried this when I used to work in RI. Because my BILLING address is in MA, they would not ship to the RI address. Pretty sweet eh?

I may have to go to knitting... [looks up provisions needed to get a NID Card in MA... Needle Identification Card] Well... Nice knowing all of you... I'll be starting NEK.com shortly.. Ridiculous (thanks Eddie, learn something new every day haha)

Knit one....pearl two......[rofl]

I ordered a Uberti Navy from them last month, no problem. The next day I tried to order a box of lead balls and it wouldn't go through.

I called and they told me no ammo, primers etc. shipped to Mass. I asked, you me the BP revolver but can't sell me the lead balls for it? Yes was the answer. WTF?

I have an apt in NJ and I'm down here right now. If you want to ship them here, I can bring them up to MA in time for Thanksgiving. I live in Mansfield so I'm close by.

Thanks for the offer Shooter... I ended up shipping to my friend in NH who offered a similar deal :)

I'll be looking into getting an additional address associated with my credit card just for this purpose.

The wizards on Bacon Hill seem to think that restricting ammo components will keep the number of drive-bys and murders down in the inner city.

No, they don't think that and really don't care at all about all those killings, particularly since they provide a convenient excuse for passing more laws and regulations. They only pass these things to remind you who are the masters and who are the plantation workers. The more idiotic they are, the more pointed is the message.

Ken

Tried this when I used to work in RI. Because my BILLING address is in MA, they would not ship to the RI address. Pretty sweet eh?

Exact same thing happened to me.
I wanted to ship some ammo components to my cousin in NH and they refused my order because my CC Billing info was a Mass address.
[frown]

Back
Top Bottom