Beef Jerkey on Good Eats in 2 minutes on FoodTV

doobie

Banned
FoodTV will be airing an episode of Good Eats on Beef Jerky in about 2 minutes.

Seen it, and it a good episode! Of course I like all the shows! Good Eats is the the best thing on the food network IMO. Cooking for Engineers!

Homemade Jerky

I made 10 pounds of Beef Jerky last fall and still have about a pound left.

A food Dehydrator with low temps of 120 to 140 is all you need. A good smooth constnt airflow. I did this inside when the weather started to cool off. If your making it in summer you may want to have it outsiide but watch out for flies that carry germs.

Take 90% or higher very lean ground beef. and mix in 1 cup of koshur salt for every 10 pounds, about 4 to 6 teaspoons of ground pepper to taste, a splash of Olive Oil tsps) and other flavous you like. Garlic powder, Cumin, Celery powder etc....

I made about 2 pounds of each flaovor.

Grind the burger 3 or 4 times after having mixed in all the ingrediants.

Put it in a Sasague maker tube and squirt it out in thin strips on your dryer racks (Plastic Screens)

Let it dry for 8 to 10 hours.

It wil keep for months because you will eat 90 % of it right away and then get tierd of eating it.

moose8.gif

Last edited:
Seen it, and it a good episode! Of course I like all the shows! Good Eats is the the best thing on the food network IMO. Cooking for Engineers!

There is nothing worse than catching good eats, iron chef, or throw down late at night. I end up at the store buying what I need to make what I was drooling over. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom