bedside safes?

Who here has a bed side safe? I just purchesd a small bedside safe, and it hs holes on the bottom so it canbe bolted to the floor, etc. Where do you guys bolt down your beed side safe?

My bedside safe is bolted upside down (minivault: so you're palm is facing up when accessing the buttons) under my desk right next to the bed. So while I'm lying on my back on my bed... I simply extend my right arm straight out to the side, under my desk... and the safe is right there.

do you just leave it loose in a draw? legal?

I leave it loose on a shelf on my nightstand. I don't see how it would be any less legal than a trigger lock.

Perhaps I'll bolt it somewhere eventually. This is just the best place for it if I need it. If MA didn't have asinine gun laws, it wouldn't be in a safe at all.

I have a HandGunsafe....bolted under the bed, on my side, flush with the edge of the bed. I thought about bolting it into the nightstand drawer...but it didn't make sense. This is easier and the sheets/comforter cover it when the bed is made.

I bought a quick escape fire ladder and put that in the nightstand drawer. Have one in the son's room at the other end of the house also.

Back
Top Bottom