• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bedside safe for house with toddlers

https://www.safeandvaultstore.com/p...vault +monstervault&utm_content=Monster Vault

monster-vault-under-bed-gun-safe_large.jpg

I would love one of those. Then have it installed behind a picture on hinges just like in the movies. I don't really have a good place for it in my house as of yet. But it would totally cool to have.

I have two big closets in our bedroom so I could install it inside the closet on one of the walls and still be able to access it quick.

I have two big closets in our bedroom so I could install it inside the closet on one of the walls and still be able to access it quick.

yup. Nobody would even know it is there....very nice. They have them in full length too for rifles. But that one is nice.

read through the reviews...i'm just not a fan of anything that doesn't have both ac + battery power...and i'd rather have a key as the backup with electronic buttons as the primary and the biometric as a bonus to test (but i could do without the biometric)...if you cut your finger open and have a bandaid on it and they key isn't around...well you're screwed...for me if an electronic safe doesn't have ac power + battery power + key/combo mechanical entry + button electronic entry, at a minimum...plus with good reliability and long battery life...then i'm probably going to pass and go with an all mechanical one

this is what i have...just due to it having everything i was looking for...otherwise i would have been looking at a fort knox or a v-line

dac/gunmaster sportsafe
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/103297/dac-sportsafe

Last edited:
I have the Gun Box 2.0. Works very well, big enough for my daily Carry and a Glock 30 with a spare mag each. It has battery power and an AC backup, USB ports to charge the phone too. can use bluetooth, RFID or Fingerprint. plus, it doesnt look like your traditional safe. it cant be bolted down, but you can get a laptop cable and lock for it.

read through the reviews...i'm just not a fan of anything that doesn't have both ac + battery power...and i'd rather have a key as the backup with electronic buttons as the primary and the biometric as a bonus to test (but i could do without the biometric)...if you cut your finger open and have a bandaid on it and they key isn't around...well you're screwed...for me if an electronic safe doesn't have ac power + battery power + key/combo mechanical entry + button electronic entry, at a minimum...plus with good reliability and long battery life...then i'm probably going to pass and go with an all mechanical one

this is what i have...just due to it having everything i was looking for...otherwise i would have been looking at a fort knox or a v-line

dac/gunmaster sportsafe
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/103297/dac-sportsafe

You make some great points!!

I have the Gun Box 2.0. Works very well, big enough for my daily Carry and a Glock 30 with a spare mag each. It has battery power and an AC backup, USB ports to charge the phone too. can use bluetooth, RFID or Fingerprint. plus, it doesnt look like your traditional safe. it cant be bolted down, but you can get a laptop cable and lock for it.

Wow these are nice too!! They keep getting more exspensive tho!! lol

these are nice...wasn't aware of them...the 360 degree biometric is a nice feature so you don't have to find a small finger panel in the dark...what do you primarily use to open it?...they make a ring, a wrist band and a sticker to open it too...the sticker seems to be like the best option...people in the amazon reviews are putting them inside their phone cases...grab your phone and put it on the box and it opens...i'm not wearing a ring or a wrist band just to open it (the ring only comes in one size and is cheap and the wrist band is cheap also from the reviews i read)

I usually use the biometric, I programmed all ten fingers, so as long as I still have one I'm good to go. I probably will grab the sticker at some point. I haven't had a single issue with the the biometric, it was really easy to program using the app on the phone.

I usually use the biometric, I programmed all ten fingers, so as long as I still have one I'm good to go. I probably will grab the sticker at some point. I haven't had a single issue with the the biometric, it was really easy to program using the app on the phone.
My iPhone fingerprint reader doesn't work if I just say, washed my hands with cold water. Does the biometric work in that case?

Huge box with tiny speakers in it...the whole thing should at least look like sound could come out of it being that big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picked up a vaultek over the summer...just getting around to setting it up now...so far i like it...battery + ac charger for the battery...entry by electronic combo, key, biometric and app...still have to setup the biometric...app shows battery power, tampering, remote unlock and interior light dim...the piston pushes the heavy lid up fast so the front edge jumps off the surface and slams back down and it's a little loud so i had to macgyver something to remedy the situation...4 gps sticky discs and 4 double sided suction cups...the discs are for the powder coated bottom of the box...

https://www.amazon.com/VAULTEK-Biometric-Bluetooth-Auto-Open-Rechargeable/dp/B01LY908Y4?th=1

8971720525e8b1b75c7948e34409d19f.jpg

Last edited:
picked up a vaultek over the summer...just getting around to setting it up now...so far i like it...battery + ac charger for the battery...entry by electronic combo, key, biometric and app...still have to setup the biometric...app shows battery power, tampering, remote unlock and interior light dim...the piston pushes the heavy lid up fast so the front edge jumps off the surface and slams back down and it's a little loud so i had to macgyver something to remedy the situation...4 gps sticky discs and 4 double sided suction cups...

https://www.amazon.com/VAULTEK-Biometric-Bluetooth-Auto-Open-Rechargeable/dp/B01LY908Y4?th=1

8971720525e8b1b75c7948e34409d19f.jpg

Nice!!!

these are nice...wasn't aware of them...the 360 degree biometric is a nice feature so you don't have to find a small finger panel in the dark...what do you primarily use to open it?...they make a ring, a wrist band and a sticker to open it too...the sticker seems to be like the best option...people in the amazon reviews are putting them inside their phone cases...grab your phone and put it on the box and it opens...i'm not wearing a ring or a wrist band just to open it (the ring only comes in one size and is cheap and the wrist band is cheap also from the reviews i read)

Wow that's cool! Now where's my phone, lol. Nice option tho.

Back
Top Bottom