• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beds in the State House?

Shane

Banned
Do governor's have the option of sleeping at the State House?

Or will Deval have no choice but to commute?

I was curious if it was at all similar to the White House.

Last edited:
Massachusetts does not have a Governer's Mansion. Other states certainly do. I'm not exactly sure how many other states have them, but I think Mass. is in the minority in not having a house for the Gov.

The Gov. does get a state police driver (with car?) and on occasion a ride in the state police helicopter when they need to check in on their sick kids.

story.swift.jpg

She's not the elected gov, Jane's just acting

OT: Am i the only one who thinks that jane looks like an older monica lewinsky?

Two things I've always like about California politics are the fact that the Governor and Lieutenant Governor run individual campaigns rather than as a ticket. It seems to be the norm rather than the exception for the past 50 years that the Governor ends up being from one party and the Lieutenant Governor from the other. The other thing is that whenever the Governor is out of state, even for a day, the Lieutenant Governor is the Governor, with full powers as such. When was the last time you heard of a sitting California Governor running around sniffing out support for a presidential bid, taking "fact-finding" trips to Tahiti, or organizing conferences on gun control? [que the crickets]

Ken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massachusetts_Governor's_Mansion

Massachusetts Governor's Mansion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Despite several proposals for establishing an official residence for the Governor of Massachusetts, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts does not have a Governor's Mansion.

In 1955, Governor Foster Furcolo turned down a proposal to establish the Shirley Eustis House in Roxbury as the official residence.[1] The house had been built by colonial governor William Shirley.

At one time, Governor John Volpe took title to the Endicott Estate in Dedham with the intention of renovating it to make it the governor's residence.[2] The renovations would have been too costly, and the plan was abandoned.

Other proposals include the Province House and the John Hancock House.[3]

Even though the governor has no official residence, the expression "governor's mansion" is in common use in the press as a figure of speech for the office of governor.

Back
Top Bottom