BEC/Meteorite Arms

I was approached by Meteorite Arms (MA) a while back,after hearing about my 1911 work from a friend/vendor. They reached out and asked if I was interested in building a modern-style 1911, on their supplied frame & slides. They also supplied some raw material to fabricate sight sets. The material itself came from a meteorite that impacted the earth in Northern Scandinavia, around one million years BC. Now, I know right about jack-squat about meteorites other than they fall from the sky, but what the heck right? I’m game.

The meteorite used for this project was Muonionalusta, and was definitely an experience, working with and machining this rare and unique material.

One of the models created was a GI model that was started by another Smith, but MA felt it needed more work to reach its full potential, and it was sent my way for finishing and some more refinement. Each pistol was test fired when completed –which was nerve-racking to say the least, knowing what the cost of material was, but they performed flawlessly.Then they were disassembled , bead blasted and sent back to Meteorite Arms for etching & re-assembly.

The completed handguns will be displayed at ‘Heritage Auctions, Neil Armstrong & Signature Nature and Science Auctions’. Shortly after that, they will be featured & auctioned at their Arms & Armor auction in July.

Thanks,
Lou Biondo
Business End Customs

Photo's Supplied by (MA)
2G8A0342-Edit-X4.jpg

2G8A0366-X4.jpg

2G8A0811-X4.jpg

2G8A0370-X4.jpg

2G8A0373-X4.jpg

2G8A0853-X4.jpg

Last edited:
Damn - talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity - for you, and purchase for the eventual owner. Exquisite.

Congratulations on the recognition and being chosen to complete the work. I saw hints of this on anther forum and was hoping you would post here.

Holy hell. I appreciate many of the custom 1911's I see pictures of, here and elsewhere. This is the first one in a while that has literally made my jaw drop

WOW?! That’s some cool stuff. Milling by sound & feel is how the old timers do it.

You would taken way nicer photos, Lou.

Thanks for the sneak peek.

Back
Top Bottom