Beautiful photos of a beautiful, rare revolver.

Gorgeous.

I got into an argument with Jose on this forum when I opined that the old N-frames were among the highest quality firearms ever produced. I think those photos back up my position quite well.

What a beautiful revolver! The Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson lists the 29-1 in excellent condition at $2850, and, in MA at least, the SCSW tends to be as much as 25% or more too low. Ouch.

What a beautiful revolver! The Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson lists the 29-1 in excellent condition at $2850, and, in MA at least, the SCSW tends to be as much as 25% or more too low. Ouch.

I'm curious: what does that source say for a NIB 8-3/8 NIB (wooden case) 29-2?

I'm curious: what does that source say for a NIB 8-3/8 NIB (wooden case) 29-2?

ANIB at $850, excellent at $700, for 8-3/8 or 6-inch barrel. Slight premium for nickel or 6.5-inch barrel. Substantial premium for 5" or non-cataloged barrel length.

That is a beautiful revolver that I found myself lusting after until I realized that I'm the wrong guy to own a gun like that.

I'd shoot the crap out of it, with loads that are (probably) beyond what it was designed to take.

I actually own a very rare S&W. I have a one-of-a-kind factory-nickeled Model 14 (no dash) with a factory-installed red ramp Baughman front sight. I owned it and shot it for years before I got the Jinks letter that alerted me to its uniqueness. Some of you have probably fired it - I used it for the target competition (to win the safe that TYPEO1313 donated) at the first Shirley Spring Shoot. Brent put 6 shots almost into one hole. I still use it in every Basic Pistol class that I teach.

I love the old revolvers. They just do not make bluing like that anymore.

My two 'old ladies' both have that blue, a 19-3 6 inch and a 36 no dash snubbie.

Back
Top Bottom