Beautiful 30-338 Lapua

I want this rifle. The builder is Richard Franklin, he sold his rifle making business a while back, but he made some beauties. This one is for sale, I can only imagine the $$.

marks_rifles_002.jpg

marks_rifles_006.jpg

...rifle is a 30-338 Lapua, .342 neck, Nesika repeater action, Krieger 15 tw. barrel for 125 to 150 grain bullets. Will run the 125 Ballistic tip @ 4300 FPS. Nesika rail, Jewel trigger with top safety, pillar bedded into one of the nicest model 11 stocks I ever made in Claro crotch & Maple burl center lams.

[smile] 125gn .308 @ 4300 fps...that is awesome.

I have to confess I'm really interested in the 30-338 wildcat...but it's no range plinker; overbore is an understatement. It's built for serious long range hunting for somewhere not close to here (eg MA). I did some barrel life calculations....

30_338%20Lapua.jpg

~800 +/- rounds of barrel life...so if you shoot 100 rounds at paper for "load development" you've spent over 12% of the accurate barrel life. That calculus always snaps me back to reality. It is a work of art though

I have to confess I'm really interested in the 30-338 wildcat...but it's no range plinker; overbore is an understatement. It's built for serious long range hunting for somewhere not close to here (eg MA). I did some barrel life calculations....

30_338%20Lapua.jpg

~800 +/- rounds of barrel life...so if you shoot 100 rounds at paper for "load development" you've spent over 12% of the accurate barrel life. That calculus always snaps me back to reality. It is a work of art though

800 rounds is a lot to run through a rifle like that and a rebarrel won't be all that expensive, especially considering the cost of the rifle to start. Since the reamer is already made, it is just the cost of the blank ($325 from Krieger) and the gunsmith work.

Back
Top Bottom