• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beast of the East 2015 eastern Pa

Frirst off , it looked like a great match. Then everything turn d to crap.
Little rain and organizations were all screwed up.
We were scheduled to start at 1 pm , didn't start till 3:30 and nobody bothered to tell us that range closes at 8:00. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if it took morning squads to finish 7 hours in ligh drizzle , that there's no snowball chance in hell that we would finish in 4.
So I got soak , but sucked it up and went on, until somebody came at 7:30 telling us it'll be over soon and we can come back tomorrow to finish. Being pissed doesn't even describe it . 3 hour ride, crappy luch, crap for door prize ,cheap tshirt and soaked wet along with my gear is all I have to show for for 9 hours in rain , that and DNF. .
I understand that they can't control the weather , but between 3 match directors , you'd think they would figure something out , or at least let us know that there's big chance we won't finish.
They didn't kicked out morning squads for taking too long .

After pretty angry email to match director , I didn't even get "sorry we screwed up" .Management sure dropped the ball on this one . For over 3 hours we stood there waiting , there were empty stages , because they waited until everybody is done from morning crew.

Not something worth $100 and 3 hour drive.

Easton Fish & Game , you got 4 less shooters to worry about next year or Ever.

On the plus note , stages looked good and staff work their butts off . Too bad they didn't have so one with commen sense running the show.

I will probably not be returning to that match after having a spirited conversation with one of the match directors.

Back
Top Bottom