Bear Attack

The guy who this happened to is an ARFCom member and he posted a thread about it lol
I'll have to look for that. Appears to be a Gen 3 Raptor more or less identical to mine. We have bears but they generally stick to raiding bird feeders. I'll be keeping my doors locked and will borrow Mrs. Mountain's Jeep whenever I go to buy birdseed. [laugh]

I'll have to look for that. Appears to be a Gen 3 Raptor more or less identical to mine. We have bears but they generally stick to raiding bird feeders. I'll be keeping my doors locked and will borrow Mrs. Mountain's Jeep whenever I go to buy birdseed. [laugh]
Isn't that what the bed is for?

Yeah, maybe, but you WERE that lucky, once upon a time. Truth is, I haven't played around with a "live" Claymore since "boot camp", and they were still shooting each other in Vietnam then. I learned about the trip wire deal much, much later.

Of course, you're going to have to come up some Memorial Day Weekend to Eden and have fun. They put expolsives down range, and we can set them off. If we were to get everybody from here together, on contiguous range points, I'm willing to share use of most of my "stuff". Unlike inmates of the PRM, I don't have to ask "Mother, may I". So, I've got some stuff that's definitely non-PC.

AR Clone
Pre-Ban M14 (semi)
L1A1 (FN-FAL)
RomAK 3 (Romanian Dragunov)
SKS, w/ det mag
AK, hi cap
several bolt guns (mostly military)
several handguns

Current projects

M91/30 Nagant sniper (fake)
M1 Garand
Was Knob Creek on 7/4? Sounds like the perfect event to celebrate our independence. Or the tiny bit that we have left.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/27/bear.attack.ap/index.html

Horrible luck for the couple, it sounded like they were prepared for bears. I think they got it in their sleep.

I always hang my garbage in a tree 20 or 30 meters from the tents with two pots tied to the branch as well. When something tries to get the bag, the pots will rattle and wake me up if I'm sleeping in the tent. It's worked twice for me camping in Northern MN.

I've lived in the same place since 1997. My lot backs onto acres of conservation land. Saw my first Black Bear in the yard yesterday. It was fairly good sized. Went out the back door and yelled at it some and it took off. I've picked them up on a trail cam I have in the woods behind my house but this was my first time actually seeing one in person. I was alerted to its presence because the dogs were going crazy.

Just found his thread ... Same guy lol

He removed the damage pics in the OP but the links are quoted on the 3rd page and the Twitter video is posted on the the 4th or 5th lol

I had a bear attack my birdfeeders in the back yard last night. Found the other feeder in the woods.
Guess it's time to take them down.
bear.JPG

Just bring your feeders inside in the evening. I have bears all the time but still feed the birds. Had a sow & 2 cubs last week.
I'm going to try and do this, hopefully I remember.
First time in 22 years, although some neighbors have recently reported sightings.
I heard the first feeder go down last night around 11. I wasn't going to go out and rescue the second one, as the feeders are about ten feet from the woods (and I found the first feeder less than ten feet into the woods in the morning.)

Back
Top Bottom