• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beamed up Forever...

I got to meet James Doohan at a Star Trek convention back around '73 or so and spend some time with him, along with a few other lucky fans. I will always remember how gracious and kind he was to a kid with a BAD case of hero worship. (that was me, in case you didn't realize it)

You can have your Captain Kirk. I always wanted to be a starship engineer.

Godspeed, Jimmy.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
I got to meet James Doohan at a Star Trek convention back around '73 or so and spend some time with him, along with a few other lucky fans. I will always remember how gracious and kind he was to a kid with a BAD case of hero worship. (that was me, in case you didn't realize it)

You can have your Captain Kirk. I always wanted to be a starship engineer.

Godspeed, Jimmy.

Ross

I always had a soft spot in my heart for Scotty (mainly because of my roots, I think), but he and Mr. Spock were my favorites in the show. I loved the episode where he and his ancient Scotch got one of the bad guys drunk. :D

Often it's the secondary characters who make the movie. And the stars.

RIP Scotty. And keep the stars working properly.

I, too got the chance to meet and talk with both him and the late De Kelley back around the same time. I've probably got a convention program around the basement somewhere, signed by both of them.

My two favorite lines of his, first from one of the movies: "Don't call me sir! I used to work for a living."

And from the original: "Uhhh ... It's green."

Requiescat in Pacem.

Ken

He volunteered early in the war, but never saw any action until the big one. As a lieutenant he landed at Juno Beach on D-Day. He took out two snipers and attacked (but didn't quite take out) a machine gun position. He ended up taking 3 in the right hand (his middle finger was gone), 4 in the left leg, and one in the chest. When he realized he'd been hit somewhat more than trivally, he walked back to an aid station. Sounds like another waste of a perfectly good Sergeant.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom