Bead Blasting Revolver

Pretty much any smith that does refinishing could do this...or anyone with a bead blaster who can disassemble/reassemble the gun.

A 629 that I bead blasted.

Last edited:
Sorry typo meant 686. I may blast it myself but I am going to call around and see what shops are charging. It may cost me barely more to have someone else do it than to buy all the blast media and tools I need. Sweeney, what did you use to plug the cylinder holes and barrel? Also did you tape off the cylinder faces?

Sorry typo meant 686. I may blast it myself but I am going to call around and see what shops are charging. It may cost me barely more to have someone else do it than to buy all the blast media and tools I need. Sweeney, what did you use to plug the cylinder holes and barrel? Also did you tape off the cylinder faces?

I used rubber stoppers for the barrel and cylinder bores and other various means to protect other critical surfaces such as pivot holes...tape, wooden dowels...that sort of thing. You want to be sure to completely disassemble the gun as debris will be forced into every gap and can lock up the mechanism.

It's not difficult, just be thorough.

Question. I love the Brad blasted look. But polished is so much easier to clean.

219907-51dffba2-6cf0-11e5-9669-789af2e63052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom