be vewy vewy quiet....

Hey all,

I'm at the beginning stages of a quest for a new hunting gun. As you probably inferred from the title, I'm looking for a relatively quiet set up, with enough KE to humanely take out foxes, racoons, fishers and coyotes.

Since I'm also thinking about getting in to reloading, if I have to roll my own to help accomplish this, I'm game. Also, seeing as this MA, and I am neither a governmental agency nor a licensed mfr, a can is no-go.

Any ideas?

Years ago I heard of "urban" deer control efforts that involved using REALLY long shotgun barrels, (as in like, the gun is 5 feet long) apparently it reduces the noise of the shotgun considerably. I haven't been able to find any videos of these things in use, though.

-Mike

Years ago I heard of "urban" deer control efforts that involved using REALLY long shotgun barrels, (as in like, the gun is 5 feet long) apparently it reduces the noise of the shotgun considerably. I haven't been able to find any videos of these things in use, though.

-Mike

actually, now that you mention it....i remember seeing someone who had a 3ft long barrel extension that screwed in to the choke tube threads.

I am, however, looking for something that is a little handier than a 10ft long scattergun.

I've heard these are pretty powerful and can kill any of those with headshots within 30, 40 yards -except maybe coyotes. But I hate coyotes so much, I wouldn't really care if the death took a tad longer. [rofl]
http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-trail-np-hardwood-air-rifle.html
airgundepot_2206_265178924

The Marauder in .25 cal is even more powerful and easier to shoot. Supposedly very quiet as well, but pricy.

.220swift would be cool only problem is that it's not quiet but its a ****ing laser and enough to take anyone of those animals listed

Well, my AR is more than capable of taking any of them as well, but not while not waking up the neighbors (all two of them), or the wife.

So I guess I'm looking for something with a bit more punch than my .22, and not as much boom as the .223

that's the problem right there you went to scout camp, now had you been hunting those shots would have mattered more.

really you want .22 noise with a bit more power, i mean there's not much more than whats listed if you want get a .22mag.

Also think about it this way you really arent going to be shooting alot, especially for coyotes your calls will be making more noise than the gun. realistically that one shot you take isn't really going to be noticed

-Mike

That was the metro barrel

It's still available through Midway

Google it

DOWNWIND

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom